Official Skyrim Demo

Fonger

True, the Terminator franchise belongs to..eh, James Cameron? Some Hollywood based production company? However, the question was regarding whether Bethesda had ever put out a demo of any of their stuff, which they have.

None of those things matter that much though, the sad fact is that Bethesda hasn't released a publicly available demo for a TES game since Daggerfall. There wasn't a downloadable, playable demo of Oblivion, at least to my knowledge (if anyone is sitting on a link for a playable Oblivion demo, please share). The same goes for Fallout 3. Thus I doubt we'll see a demo for Skyrim.

I think it might be quite difficult to make a Skyrim demo, due to the fact that TES is an whole-open-world, so there could be made a crack so there is no time limit, then the mods could start, so you could play the whole world (without quest I guess) with the crack.

"We do demos when it makes sense, and devs have time, and the game allows for it. That doesn't always happen." That's from Pete Hines.

Reading that they may make a demo because they have like three times the amount developers than they had when making oblivion.

• 1 month later...
Gothic 3 did something interesting for a demo for an open world they put in a sort of an invisible barrier that you could not cross in the demo kind of like in Oblivion when you hit the boundry of a map and it doesn't let you go any further