Immersion breakers

MarkInMKUK

For me it was the arrows in the sewer. FLOATING iron arrows?

Even if they were just iron headed, they should have floated vertically, point down, but no....

cork arrows anyone?

kill someone and the victims ghosts gets onto the batphone to call the guard from 5 milles away! "stop right there criminal scum!"

I hate it when two NPCs walk up to each other and do crap like: guy 1:Hello, how are you today. Guy 2:mudcrabs, nasty little things. Guy 1:well i have to go. Bye! Guy 2: Hello! Then they walk away. :0

The one thing I disliked the most was when sneaking every step I take is answered by "ah, who's there" or "thought I heard something" and I am right behind them. Just the reaction really annoyed me and the fact you don't attack right when in sneak, one long strike. When you get found you should go directly to normal stance not stay in sneak and then wonder why you are not getting any blow on the enemy. :wallbash:

"You have the hands of a healer." "There's a charge in the air. Been casting destruction spells?" "Look at the muscles on you!" "Look like you could handle yourself in a fight." "I hear you're quite the alchemist."

*Pulls out battleaxe, goes insane*

Also, although I know it can't be helped, I hate how almost everything floats a few inches above the surface it's sitting on.

Cinematic conventions such as blackness when you wait, lens flares, etc. I know some people like their game to look like a film. but I don't. There aren't any easy answers to time compression which don't violate immersion. See You Sleep provides a slightly more immersive cinematic convention. Have seen a mod that shows you what happens while you wait in fast motion but that's just a different cinematic convention and not sure I'd like it any better. Would have preferred some sort of interface solution instead, such as screens with art representing waiting or sleeping. Then it would match other art conventions in the interface, like the map and load screens.

One of my most immersion-breaking things is ...

Talking to a beggar/npc who has 3-4 different voices in a same dialog (Schizo symptom ?)

Ok , I know that it's impossible to have as many voices as NPC's ... but at least , Beth could have been coherent with that .

Edited by Remcoz