FOMM/NVSE Launch Issue

Mederz

Hi all :)

As with the topic description, this is a little problem which popped up not too long ago.

Prior to this, I had no issues with FOMM/NVSE; all ran fine. However, after I set the FalloutNV.exe & FalloutNVLauncher.exe to compatibility mode (For Windows XP SP2) to see if it would clear up any Launcher issues, clicking the "Launch NVSE" option in FOMM leads to it skipping the Launcher Screen (Play, Data Files, Options, etc) and going directly to the game, and NVSE is not loaded in doing so. Similarly, launching directly from nvse_loader.exe yields the same result. Launching from Steam, however, works fine; the Launcher appears and NVSE is loaded and present.

I may have tried a few solutions, such as disabling UAC, re-installing, shifting Steam to a different drive and re-installing FOMM/NVSE. Unfortunately, the problem still persists, and I may have potentially borked up big time.

Any help is much appreciated (I can attatch any relevant NVSE files if they are of any use)

Many thanks!

Edited by Mederz

have you tried updating NVSE?

Yes, tried that. No dice, unfortunately :(

It's more of an annoying issue than anything; worst comes to worst, I'll probably re-install Steam on a different drive to see how that goes.

Or re-install Windows :tongue:

It's more of an annoying issue than anything; worst comes to worst, I'll probably re-install Steam on a different drive to see how that goes.

You probably wont have to reinstall windows but doing a clean install of fallout, then fomm, then NVSE should do it but you've tried that alredy so sorry I cannot be of more help.

You probably wont have to reinstall windows but doing a clean install of fallout, then fomm, then NVSE should do it but you've tried that alredy so sorry I cannot be of more help.

You could try going to your FNV root directory, right-click the FalloutNV exe file, create a shortcut,

drag it to your desktop, right-click, properties, edit "Target:" by adding a space after the last

quotation mark and -nvse_loader.exe. it should look like this -

"[Drive letter]:\Fallout New Vegas\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\FalloutNV.exe" -nvse_loader.exe

This works for me, just make sure that NVSE is in that root directory. To test it launch the game, bring

up the console and type in "getnvseversion" (without the quotes of course) and it should return

"nvseversion=1" (again without the quotes).

Hope it works for you. I know I would hate to play the game without my 'NVSE required' mods!

Edited by maboru

I Had Same Problem But Got NVSE 1.8b and soved my problems got it from this forum i think it was Skip NVSE and Fomm or something like that fixed my problem and I can Luanch from Fomm and Yes I HAve Steam :thumbsup: