Ozmo's Hi Res Skin Textures: A step by step guide!

Talonvore

@Kryotix - No there is no esp file for this mod as it only replaces vanilla textures with its own. If you follow my instructions to the letter you should have no problems but if you do ask me and i'll answer if i can.

@BlueGunk- My pleasure :) . I promised myself that i would write a guide for this mod when i finally did figure out how to install it. This one was a bit hard for me to figure out and at the time i wished that someone had written instructions like this for me and the many others in the mod forum that were having problems and so instead of being a hypocrite i wanted to make it easier for others to enjoy this fantastic mod that makes the game SOOOOO much better. Again thanks to Ozmo for taking the time and effort of making this mod!!!!!

Edited by Talonvore

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I install this manually, as in without an OMOD. I've tried the installtool for both the 4096 and the 2098 and nothing happens at all. As in nochanges happen at all, I have checked though and I do see folders it has copied information to.

1 Oblivion

2 Install all Official Add-ons

3 Install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (user-made mod)

4 Install the Unofficial Official Mods Patch (user-made mod)

5 Install the Official Construction Set 1.2.404

6 DarkUI'd DarN 1.6

7 Low-poly Grass

8 1.5X Damage_Velocity fix

9 AWS weather

10 CM_Partners

11 Rens beauty pack 1.1

these are the only addons I have running and I dought any are interfering.

the installtool is also defentaly set to the right directory.

Edited by Wardonis

How do I install this manually, as in without an OMOD. I've tried the installtool for both the 4096 and the 2098 and nothing happens at all. As in nochanges happen at all, I have checked though and I do see folders it has copied information to.

1 Oblivion

2 Install all Official Add-ons

3 Install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (user-made mod)

4 Install the Unofficial Official Mods Patch (user-made mod)

5 Install the Official Construction Set 1.2.404

6 DarkUI'd DarN 1.6

7 Low-poly Grass

8 1.5X Damage_Velocity fix

9 AWS weather

10 CM_Partners

11 Rens beauty pack 1.1

these are the only addons I have running and I dought any are interfering.

the installtool is also defentaly set to the right directory.

Have you actually installed the HGEC meshes? They are contained in a different mod altogether. Version 1.21.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15802

You need the meshes before the textures will work and without them you will probably even get texture distortions and other weirdness.

You should also realize this tutorial is for the very high resolution textures so make sure your system will handle them otherwise your game will slow to a crawl. The 2048 body pack is already set up to install with a few clicks as an exe file.

Have you actually installed the HGEC meshes? They are contained in a different mod altogether. Version 1.21.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15802

You need the meshes before the textures will work and without them you will probably even get texture distortions and other weirdness.

You should also realize this tutorial is for the very high resolution textures so make sure your system will handle them otherwise your game will slow to a crawl. The 2048 body pack is already set up to install with a few clicks as an exe file.

Thanks I didn't know they were set up like that I thought they were independant.

• 1 month later...

So, please help me because I can't make this to work.

I downloaded the == 2048x2048 version for middle spec machine == and did all the steps in the tutorial. When i double clicked in OMM nothing happens, or to be more precise, just the palms and feet of the character turn a little whiter.

The other option i tried:

- installed HG EyeCandy Body

- checked in the game and it's all there

- did the above steps and OMM alerts me that there is a conflict with the above mod

- and if i go on and try to activate it, it alerts me about a number of files that are attributed to the above mod and asks for permission to overwrite.

Do i need HGEC to make this work?

Or any parts of it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you done an (e.g. OBMM -> utilities -> ) Archiveinvalidation?

I havn't seen anything mentioned about that, and it is (almost) always necessary when you replace standard meshes or textures. And that's what you have done ...

If you never have done: Try ArchiveInvalidation "Invalidation" or "Redirection" (sometimes one doesn't work), never "Alteration".

The name of the mod is High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC. You need the HGEC body installed first. What this mod is going to do is replace the textures with higher quality ones. I use the 2048x2048 myself, and it does look much better than vanilla. Get your HGEC body installed and working first, then work through the tutorial. I've used it myself, up to the point for making the OMOD when I was testing out the 4096x4096 textures (I wasn't able to get the two part archive sorted out without a boost from Talonvore's tutorial). If you are going to use the 2048x2048 you can also use the 2048x2048_Full_package_v1_2. The InstallTool.exe that's included with it works fine, walks you through your choices. Download it to a temporary directory (or create an OblivionDownloads directory and make a HiRez4HGEC subdirectory and download there ... a new subdirectory for each download and you'll always have them for troubleshooting or reinstall). Extract the archive and run InstallTool.exe.

OK, so i installed it first, the HGEC, did the archive invalidation, checked the in game character and i see the changes.

Then i activated the High rez skins in omm (i have the omod ready) , it asks me about the file overwriting but nothing about the options for the aspect of the character.

did the archive thing again and of course, nothing happens in game.

And i don't want to use the install tool because i prefer the omod version,

I haven't used the OMOD version myself, so I'm not sure if it includes a script to prompt for the options. I would think that it does, but don't know for certain. When you install other OMODs that allow selecting options does that feature work alright for you?

Edit: Just had a look and I see that the 2048x2048 download is not available as a premade OMOD. When you build your own OMOD you need to select the correct textures and build the directory structure and then create your OMOD. The install tool really is easy to use (even includes examples when you are deciding, the same ones as shown on the mod download page).

Edit 2: Did you use the install tool to create your source for the OMOD? Here's a copy and paste of the steps I'm referring to:

Step 9: We are now going to make the mod Omod ready. Right click your desktop and select New then select folder and create a Folder named Data. Make sure you have no other folder on your desktop with the same exact name, The folder you are going to use for Ozmo has to be named "DATA" so if you have another folder alredy named data rename it to Data2 or whatever you want. Once its made then open it up and create a subfolder named Textures inside of it.

Step 10: Find the InstallTool.exe in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder and double click it to start it. FIRST thing you want to do is change the file path for the Install Folder to the folder named Data that you just created. Then check and make sure that all the races that you wanted textures for are listed. Now go ahead and select all the options that you wanted for build type, skin oil levels , etc etc. Make sure to check second page to get all the races. When you are done click apply. The installer will run and prepare all the files and put them into the data folder on your desktop.

. Edited by Striker879