Problem with Light Spell Recolor

I've tried both the original and the re-uploaded OMOD version of this. Neither are working for me. First I downloaded the OMOD version, selected the white color, tried it in-game, and it was still green. Then I disabled that, downloaded the original version, selected the white version in the data files, and it was still not working. Then I tried the dimmer white version, which also didn't work.

Original version: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8497

OMOD version:http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9744

Edit: Keep in mind that I'm very new to using mods with Oblivion, so my problem could be something simple.

Edited by kevindrosario

Firstly, have a read through the "How to..." thread for plugins and mods in the Mod Talk section.

It's possible that you are missing a step which the author didn't put in his readme, which is "Archive Invalidation" - try downloading and activating the mod called "Archive Invalidation Invalidated" as this is often the easierst, if not the technically most perfect, way to achieve this

Those magic effect replacers need to be loaded very late (pre-Bash) in your load order. Try using BOSS and a Bashed Patch.

What is a bashed patch? I saw something called Wrye Bash. Is that what that is? It looks very complicated. What exactly would I do with it?

Edit: If it's something that's complicated to do, let me know, because the light color spell isn't that incredibly important to me. It's just something that I would like to have, but I don't want to put in too much effort to get it working.

Edited by kevindrosario

A Bashed Patch is a plugin created by Wrye Bash that has the function of importing and merging data into itself, acting like a compatibility patch for any mods you have that can be patched in that way. When used alongside BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software), you will have as near to a trouble free installation as it's possible to get. Wrye Bash can seem complicated at first glance, which is what puts many people off, but if you take the time to read the help file and get to know it, it is not really that complicated and you will have at your disposal THE most useful tool in your modding arsenal.

I decided I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Ok, that's cool, but... <sigh!>