Did I screw up my game?

ReALty

To make a long story short I saved Kvatch and left Martin there. I found Miscarcand and decided to loot the ruin. After a tough fight with the King of Miscarcand I noticed the Great Welkynd Stone was quest related and looked it up on wiki. Does UOP fix the Martin putting on armor in a later quest or should I reload a save I have before entering Miscarcand and wait to do it at the appropriate time? It is a shame that i can't display The Great Welkynd Stone until I need it because it is a quest item that must stay in the inventory.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Edited by ReALty

Obviously you've already read this:

It is possible to acquire the Great Welkynd Stone before even reaching this part of the main quest. If you pick up the Great Welkynd Stone, it is permanently kept in your inventory as a quest item and Martin will immediately take it from you. However, giving both the Armor of Tiber Septim and the Great Welkynd Stone to Martin at the same time results in a glitch that, while not game-breaking, will be a great hindrance later on in the main quest. With both items in your inventory, there is no interruption in the dialogue between handing the two over, causing the script where Martin puts on his battle armor to be skipped.

There are tips for stick handling around this issue in the walkthrough. It will come down to how much progress you'll lose by loading the pre-Miscarcand save vs the stick handling to keep Martin alive. I myself went full nuclear at that stage, so Martin had enchanted permanent bound armor except cuirass (his own is enchanted) and I had done the Miscarcand quest without the glitch. One way gives you the option to go 'full nuclear' ... the other sort of 'requires' it.

Thanks for your reply Striker879. I won't lose too much by reloading the save outside Miscarcand because I investigated the issue of a quest item before I ran off to do anything else. The king was really tough for my lvl 6 to beat and it will probably be more fun at a higher level.