Skyrim age rating?

Amoramor

Yeah even if it is M Minors can still get it. That is Minors that are one year away from being 18. Still Europe has it 18+ In other words Only 18 and up. The ESRB has it M which is 17 and up. Just because it is M doesn't mean minors can get it. I mean I will be 18 this month actually in 16 days but whatever. But I can get Skyrim, I can get Rage as well. The ESRB probably does need to change M to 18 instead of 17 because it confuses a lot of people thinking you have to be 18 or whatever. And if you go to Skyrim pics at flickr it is rated for "MATURE with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, and Use of Alcohol."

Still for most websites to access it you need to be 18 even if it is a 17 or older game. It's not odd its more over the law. If a minor sees something there even if they are 17 things could go worse than if you are 18. Still in many cases in the U.S. standard if you are 25 you still don't have every right. (I'm talking about legal rights.)

ive never seen anyone think the M was for minors.... if fact it says it on the sticker M for mature 17+. i dont see how this is a problem movies in the US are the same, rated R movies are 17 and older like the M rating.

Edited by hector530

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br>
<br>Yeah even if it is M Minors can still get it. That is Minors that are one year away from being 18. Still Europe has it 18+ In other words Only 18 and up. The ESRB has it M which is 17 and up. Just because it is M doesn't mean minors can get it. I mean I will be 18 this month actually in 16 days but whatever. But I can get Skyrim, I can get Rage as well. The ESRB probably does need to change M to 18 instead of 17 because it confuses a lot of people thinking you have to be 18 or whatever. And if you go to Skyrim pics at flickr it is rated for "<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">MATURE with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, and Use of Alcohol."</font><br><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><br></font><br><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still for most websites to access it you need to be 18 even if it is a 17 or older game. It's not odd its more over the law. If a minor sees something there even if they are 17 things could go worse than if you are 18. Still in many cases in the U.S. standard if you are 25 you still don't have every right. (I'm talking about legal rights.) </font><br>
<br><br>ive never seen anyone think the M was for minors.... if fact it says it on the sticker M for mature 17+. i dont see how this is a problem movies in the US are the same, rated R movies are 17 and older like the M rating.<br>
<br><br>Never said it is for Minors but you do realize what the age 17 is right? A Minor so M games aren't adult in reality. They are mostly adult.

<div><br></div><div>What I was getting at is that 17 is still a Minor according to the Government. So there is a percentage of Minors that can get it. Not saying it will matter because in a year they will be 18 but still The Mature rating isn't an AO rating. AO is 18 and up in other words that is the Adults one. Mature is 17 and up. So Skyrim isn't an adult game its close. But still.</div><div><br></div><div>On side note need to go back and fix Oblivion. For some reason MMM and OOO is making missing meshes appear and Beholdens and Flesh Atronachs are missing meshes to where I hit them my game CTD's. Sorry for being off topic but I want this fixed.</div>

Yeah even if it is M Minors can still get it. That is Minors that are one year away from being 18. Still Europe has it 18+ In other words Only 18 and up. The ESRB has it M which is 17 and up. Just because it is M doesn't mean minors can get it. I mean I will be 18 this month actually in 16 days but whatever. But I can get Skyrim, I can get Rage as well. The ESRB probably does need to change M to 18 instead of 17 because it confuses a lot of people thinking you have to be 18 or whatever. And if you go to Skyrim pics at flickr it is rated for "MATURE with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, and Use of Alcohol." Still for most websites to access it you need to be 18 even if it is a 17 or older game. It's not odd its more over the law. If a minor sees something there even if they are 17 things could go worse than if you are 18. Still in many cases in the U.S. standard if you are 25 you still don't have every right. (I'm talking about legal rights.)
ive never seen anyone think the M was for minors.... if fact it says it on the sticker M for mature 17+. i dont see how this is a problem movies in the US are the same, rated R movies are 17 and older like the M rating.
Never said it is for Minors but you do realize what the age 17 is right? A Minor so M games aren't adult in reality. They are mostly adult.

What I was getting at is that 17 is still a Minor according to the Government. So there is a percentage of Minors that can get it. Not saying it will matter because in a year they will be 18 but still The Mature rating isn't an AO rating. AO is 18 and up in other words that is the Adults one. Mature is 17 and up. So Skyrim isn't an adult game its close. But still.

On side note need to go back and fix Oblivion. For some reason MMM and OOO is making missing meshes appear and Beholdens and Flesh Atronachs are missing meshes to where I hit them my game CTD's. Sorry for being off topic but I want this fixed.

That font <br/> thing is getting annoying have to fix it everytime.

Did you ever figure out why that happens?

I'd be cool with an M rating here in the States. Though, if I had a kid around 13 or 14, I'd still probably let them play it. The blood and whatnot doesn't look too bad and it'd probably be the only D&D-esque game they'd like. I need to find me a woman.

Skyrim getting an M rating by the ESRB is pretty much inevitable. It has stronger violence than Oblivion did, and drinking and being able to kill anyone just supports that notion. I knew it was going to be M when it was announced, I don't see how it wouldn't be. Unless, of course like Lowk said, the ESRB goes bats and goes with T despite it all haha.

Its M were i am i think... Any fellow aussies care to help me out here?