Trying to be optimistic

Lehcar

It was a beautiful service they had, I was fairly surprised because it was all paid for by the city, since the family was unable to cover the expenses. I didn't really know the lady very well, she was our neighbor, I only spoke to her a few times but she was my mom's friend, and I went because I really wanted to be there for her.

Despite the circumstances, it was wonderful to see her daughter Sarah again. I also met her older half-brother, who I'm surprised her mom never talked about because he's really an awesome guy. Her biological father was there beside her the whole time, I don't know the story on what happened between him and her mom but I was very happy he was there for his daughter. I also met Sarah's foster mum, who I took a strong liking to almost immediately, she's a very lovely person and she obviously loves and cares for her very much. It made me very happy to see all these great people there to support her.

I'm home alone now, but I feel extremely drained emotionally. I think I need to do something to put myself in higher spirits and get happier. The fact that it was raining while we were at the cemetery certainly didn't improve things.

But now I feel a great and renewed appreciation for life, and everything I have. I'm grateful and happy to be alive.

Edited by Lehcar