Oblivion Crash - HELP!

slave2midna

Soo...Not sure what happened. I was playing perfectly for about a week now, just running along, limited glitches here and there with some installed mods, but soon I was running bug free for a good while.

Then, suddenly, I restarted my computer for an update to my itunes (fail itunes).

When I went to replay Oblivion an error came up and said that it could no longer fine the .exe file to run the game. I was like wtf?? I even attempted to launch the Mod Manager, and it too errored out as if missing files.

Note***** I launch Oblivion using the OBSE - which I have tried both v19 and v20 with no success).

I check'd my files and folders and nothing looked out of place. So all I could seem to do was, reinstall everything. I cleared everything, got rid of all my mods and did a clean install. I did however, re-install the Mod Manager (no mods) as well as OBSE and attempted to launch Oblivion again.

This time, it loaded up fine...for 3 seconds then crashed. Mind you have no mods installed, and only have the OBSE and Mod Manager set up.

-I do have the up to date patches

-I have recently done another reinstall with no success

-I have recently installed KoN and Shivering Isles, with their additional content

-Still have yet to put any mods in the game, just a clean install and launch using the OBSE

The game will no get past the first loading screen before crashing.

-I've scanned for infectious.

-My computer is running in top shape

-My computer can handle it no problem

-I've check'd tried a reinstall using another person's install files (in case my install files/disc was corrupt - still doesn't work)

Anything think I might be lacking a fix for this kind of thing?

It appears that it is not:

"Then, suddenly, I restarted my computer for an update to my itunes (fail itunes)."

Here is a link to Bben's Crash Help

http://www.tesnexus....cle.php?id=298.

Just using the built in game uninstaller, or deleting the game folders leaves stuff behind that come back and byte you when you reinstall.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus....icle.php?id=240

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

It appears that it is not:

"Then, suddenly, I restarted my computer for an update to my itunes (fail itunes)."

Um...since when does restarting my computer to apply an update for a program classify as not working in top shape? O.o

Also, thanks Ben - it seems that the over all issue was indeed that after uninstalling it beforehand, I was unable to reinstall it. After making sure all the Oblivion files were removed before attempting another reinstall - everything seems to be running smooth...I'll update is I run into another issue as I patch and mod it again.

But like I said...computer is fine.

Um...since when does restarting my computer to apply an update for a program classify as not working in top shape? O.o

Well, since you said "fail iTunes", I assumed that it meant what you said, and that iTunes had failed (crashed).