(Help) Applying Face files to CM Partners

tnguye3

Okay so I wanted to make CM partners, and have been reading up tutorials how to do it.

I know how to make CM partners with custom races etc. and put them into the game.

The problem I'm having is however related to applying my character's face onto my CM partner.

I tried using the editor in the CS but it's just a pain in the butt as it took me quite a while to acheive the result.

I also successfully (after countless tries) installed Wrye Bash as that's what some forum topics recommended. I used the "dump face" or whatever it was command to apply the face of my save game to my mod, however I was unsuccessful.

So my question is, how do I do it? xD

Is there any simple way for instance, to just convert my character from a Save File into a CM partner mod?

I want to create this CM Partner and share, as my first mod lol. xD

Sure, it's a very easy way to do it. In the tutorial for making cm parteners, it's a link at the bottom at the page that explains in detail how to do it.

Or... copy the blank.esp in mopy/extras ( you need Wrye Bash ) in Oblivion/Data. Open Wrye Bash, select the blank.esp, right click, import, face and select the save game.

Then open the cs, select your companion esp, race esp and the blank.esp. Then open the Npc menu. The saved face has Sgun and something id. Select it, modify the race and go to Face Advanced tab, click on copy, open your companion and click on paste.

This should do the trick.

Thanls for replying!

Found the tutorial included in the Readme lol. Silly me *knocks head*

Thanks, geuss my question is answered. xD

Okay, I have a slight problem.

Whenever I click on "Copy" on the "blank.esp" Face Advanced tab, the TES CS crashes...

...help? xD

Solved it. I just had to tick the "Preview Face". xD

Anyways, I managed to paste my characters' face onto the CMpartner, however, she's bald! (actually, she has the "cropped" vanilla hair style)

Any idea how to change that? xD

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not to familiar with using the forums, But want to add a race, not my own, to the default object window in the construction set. How can I do this? Is the answer in the tutorial. I know you can make your own race with it, but I didn't see how to add it as a default race in the CS. Thanx, If anyone sees this.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...