[WIP/REL] Vault 24

cambragol

Possibly, but I would imagine as a starting point a very top- down, 50's mentality that would have the vault completely planned out. A command structure economy based on rationing and keeping the machines/ vault operating. There is also evidence for this in the existing vaults. Still, I have added cafes and cafeterias, so perhaps there is room for something else.

If you want to add any Sierra Madre connection. As for as a 'planned economy' you could always add in Dead Money vending machines or something like them.

I think I will avoid Dead Money assets, because as of now I have used only shared Fallout 3/New Vegas assets, which means I can release this mod as a resource for either game. There is a vending machine from Fallout 3 that could work though. Food-o-matic 3000 or something like that. Perhaps more of those scattered around would be good.

• 1 month later...
I have released version 0.7 of this mod. It adds completed navmeshes for the entire vault. Yes. Completed navmeshes. The ungodly task is finished. What a titanic task it was too. Now it is on to more creative polishing of the mod.

That is just mind boggling progress.

I've been watching this with great interest.

I stumbled upon the entrance the other day in the sewers and promptly fell down the elevator shaft! :ohmy:

Add robo-sellers, like the "security drones" of The Strip?

Hell, let "Droideka's" do the actual security there, rofl.

JK with the "Droideka".

But selling "security drones" could be logical?

Turning them into Seller bots...

Can't be too difficult I figure?

Just thinking out loud, lol.

(Though, Droideka's... gone wild... hmmmmmm :P)

As it stands the vault will be empty. Just a resource. Completely in ruins. So no active sellers or things like that. However, for the mod version, that I will be starting on soon, there could be some life down there. I can't recall much precedent for Robots in the vaults though...maybe my memory is not what it used to be. So far I haven't added a trace of anything robotic. Mainly as there is not a trace of anything robotic in the vanilla vaults. Except for vault 112 I believe.

• 1 month later...
Version 0.8 of this resource has been released, for those who may be interested. It includes a rigorous and finicky complete overhaul of the lighting and FX of every level and cell. Additionally several dozen custom signs and posters were added throughout the vault to help build a believable and consistent environment. Although tens and tens of hours were spent refining these things with an obsessive attention to detail, most likely the average user will not notice any major difference from version 0.7, as no new areas or cells were included (unless you plan on developing it, and in that case you may find a new cell or two).

• 1 month later...