ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Re: Site Slowness.

frostbyte2015

If this site was just a little bit Slower.... Well nothing could get down loaded. For Me. this is the Slowest, Almost unusable Site o the web.

And its too bad. Because there is Lots of Good stuff on this Site. But again the site it Self is almost Worthless.

I donate a few bucks here and there to the Modders. So I Am NOT going to buy Prem. site time.

If I was a Modder, looking for donations on this Site I would get Pissed off at the results.

Ban Me if you must, but this Site Sucks.

This should probably be in a Site feedback forum rather than the Skyrim one.

Having said that, this site is one of the slowest around, from time to time. Both in loading mod pages, running searches and in posting comments on the forum. I mentioned it in the recent feedback I was asked to fill out the last time I went to a mod page.

I bought the Lifetime Premium membership as I was fed up when I had a 3G dongle connection and a large, 5 GB download failed a few hundred MB from the end and I had to start all over again. And that is in addition to it taking absolutely ages. I switched to 4G and it was a lot better, but still had similar problems. With the Premium Membership, if a download fails to complete, it picks up where it left off.

I always have Ad Blocker active, which can make some web sites behave strangely; EG, links will not work and pages will not load if the adverts do not load first. Premium membership avoids all the advert issues, but Nexus is still one of the slowest sites I use regularly.

Maybe you should disable 3rd party programs like Ad Blocker and try again?

"If they don't know, they can't fix it."

Edge browser? I would never use a non-functioning alpha when Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit is not broken in any way at all, so it does not need fixing. Chrome also seems an awful lot faster than IE xx-anything.

It might be useful for the OP, though, if he was daft enough to be suckered in to the Great Win 10 Beta Test Swindle. I would not even consider changing an OS until Service Pack 2, at the earliest.

Thanks for the response.

I was thinking of buy into the "Site Supporter". But unless I can get some to tell me it will help, I'm NOT spending a red cent!

I see a lot of people saying how slow this site is. And the lagging out, freezes, slow downs, corrupted files..... Are driving me Mad!!!

I am hard wired to 100Mg. high speed. A very fast powerful computer.....and the Site is Garbage. I LOVE Skyrim!!! That is the ONLY reason I even deal with the nonsense.

Site supporter is a whopping $2 - and that barely covers the cost of processing the credit card. Nope, for 2 bucks you don't get any speed guarantee. However, you won't ever see an ad here again. And you get access to the supporter image share and a bigger private message box. What did you expect for 2 bucks? ( the no advertising is worth more than that. :thumbsup: )

I too plan to hang on to my Win7 x64 Pro for a while longer. Currently I see no real advantage to changing. That could change if Win10 can show me something besides it's newer. As for it's FREE, - no more free than the OS I'm using now. I paid for my Win7, and now that same payment pays for Win10 if I want it as well. Looking into what MS is doing, they are going the way of Google - With Win10, you are no longer their customer, you are the product they are selling to whoever wants your information. :rolleyes:

wow. I did not think what I put on my computer was any concern of yours. this is the feed back forums. I placed a feed back of what it was doing.

why don't you use little bit of consideration of other people. this message wasn't intended for you to troll.