Become A Medic Mod

R0GUE92

There are plenty of mods on the nexus that involving killing to help out the people of the Nevada wasteland in New Vegas, so i had this idea for a mod where you can become a travelling medic or even have your own clinic to help out those in dire need, where it be from treating illness to stitching up bullet holes, i like to help people in anyway i can but i feel the medical knowledge trait is going to waste so i was hoping there was someone out there (who knows how to mod) that would like to take on this project

There are plenty of mods on the nexus that involving killing to help out the people of the Nevada wasteland in New Vegas, so i had this idea for a mod where you can become a travelling medic or even have your own clinic to help out those in dire need, where it be from treating illness to stitching up bullet holes, i like to help people in anyway i can but i feel the medical knowledge trait is going to waste so i was hoping there was someone out there (who knows how to mod) that would like to take on this project

Yeah could be a fun set of quests, and there's tons of material because so many peeps need help in the wasteland. Pair it with a membership in the FOA and you have some great background as well as quest distributor. Probably the key to getting this mod some traction would be for you to start writing up interesting quests to generate some basic interest. If they are compelling I bet a mod author will work to make them a reality.

Tony the fun is in helping people ;) besides killing is too main stream, it would be something different in a way, or if people are more into the killing the idea in the thread that Devin shared would be great for them, I just feel like the medical trait goes to waste, I know there are a few vanilla quest where you can fix up people, but once you patch them up you are no longer needed

Tony the fun is in helping people :wink: besides killing is too main stream, it would be something different in a way, or if people are more into the killing the idea in the thread that Devin shared would be great for them, I just feel like the medical trait goes to waste, I know there are a few vanilla quest where you can fix up people, but once you patch them up you are no longer needed

I was looking for a bit more detail...

I am all for game types that aren't just 'kill everything that moves' because it takes a lot more creativity to make, and I like pushing the envelope. The last indie game project I was working on was a game designed completely around using interactive dialogue as the game mechanic to gather clues and solve a murder mystery.

The fun of the game was that you could use the conversations you had with people or the clues you find to uncover the story in hundreds of different ways . It challenged your creative problem solving skills by making you solve the verbal puzzles that made up each characters story and motive.

You can't just say, 'helping people is fun'. There has to be a mechanic behind how you help people. If you are helping people by walking up to them and clicking a button, or it is just one simple dialogue option, then that is not fun.

There is nothing inherently fun about clicking a button. There is nothing inherently fun about clicking a dialogue option that says, "Heal this NPC".

or if people are more into the killing the idea in the thread that Devin shared would be great for them,

I'm not sure if you mistyped that or if perhaps I didn't clearly portray the concept I was trying to express in the thread, but it doesn't focus on killing. The topic is far more focused on helping people of the wasteland (both in re: to medical tech but also infrastructure like water, sanitary systems, agriculture etc) via means other than combat. An example is recovering anti-biotics from a large medical facility to stop a plague (as detailed in the thread).

The key point is that there are a lot of scenarios that would be a lot of fun but don't focus on combat and emphasize a altruistic point of view. There are also faction tie-ins that would work well. BOS for advanced medical technology. NCR for aid in all aspects to it's citizens. FOA members for aid to all wastelanders. They can provide not only specific faction oriented missions but are great hubs/loci for giving out the quests themselves and keeping the player plugged in to what is going on in the wasteland.