Nehrim not installing

westerosi

I'm having a massive problem trying to install Nehrim - the executable simply does nothing when I run it. All I'm getting is a Windows security confirmation, then absolutely nothing else happens no matter how long I leave it. I've tried downloading a few times from multiple mirrors with no success and running as admin. The installation is visible in the Task Manager processes window but nowhere else. Anyone else had a similar problem and if so is there any way around it? Thanks.

Is your Oblivion install directory Program Files\Oblivion?? If so and you're running either Vista or Windows 7 then you are being stymied by the Microsoft security feature called UAC. Your best option is to install Oblivion outside your Program Files directory (e.g. C:\Games\Oblivion). If your problem is indeed UAC, one of the moderators here bben46 has posted this uninstall/re-install guide which will assist in getting a complete and correct job done.

No I'm afraid you're wide of the mark there westerosi ... widely read perhaps, but not any threat to the true geniuses of this forum. Good troubleshooting seeks to eliminate possible causes, and the UAC problem is pretty common around here. The person who discovered that UAC was at the root of the troubles ... now there's the genius.