Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

So I had a couple of ideas/thoughts to run by you guys. These are in random order, just throwing them out there;

I'd like to go ahead and focus on getting the preview/prequel out using the dead money villa in the near future. So I'll need help on the storyline, some re-textures, world item placement etc.

I thought we should use a pre-war money cash only system inside the park. Not sure as of yet how that would be implemented.

The first time the player goes to sleep in a bed we should script him/her waking to a mr handy hovering over him with a wrench, hammer and a knife. He'll say something like "Oh hello there sir, how ....... fortuitous you have just woken. I was just about to make your bed" he's just a non-combatant, there for humor

I was thinking about a broken little messenger eyebot, who's all turned around and flying low so his antenna drags on the ground trailing sparks. This little guy can be fixed up as a companion or at least friendly npc if you have some components and a decent science/repair skill.

There could be a market research protectron that is ridiculously over excited to learn the player is from the wasteland. He/it asks a never ending stream of annoying questions regarding sunset consumption in the wasteland, brand recognition, market share in comparison to nuka on and on. But it also brings new sunset products to test including new sarsaparillas.

Trauma suit ghouls. This idea is based on cut content from old world blues. It's techs that were in the reactor when teh bombs fell. They were wearing the newest most advanced trauma suits when the bombs fell. The reactor was damaged and sealed itself automatically. Due to the high radiation the the techs that didn't die outright ghoulified, but the trauma suite couldn't detect appropriate life signs and so assumed they were dead. They wen't into their standard behavior you see in the big empty. But in this case the ghouls are still sentient being hauled along for the ride for over 200 years. Heavily decayed but undying. Their ghoul breathern want you to save them or if as a last resort put them out of their misery.

I'd like the same weekend the bombs feel to be one of the largest cowboy sports shooting events in the nation (in progress as sunset park). It will change the storyline a little. Instead of it being a wholesale slaughter the bots will have more effective opponents, but with the heavy armor/weaponry of sunset park the story line still goes the same way. This will give us justification for lots of the cowboy shooting stuff, brains harvested from that time etc.

Quetzlsacatanango has put up animated buttercups :thumbsup: those will be very cool in the mod;

I'v made some 10 gallon hat's and Quetzlsacatanango made me a mustache, so I should have some pics of sunset sam soon. The only thing I really need is a much ridiculously large white handlebar mustache.

The mainframe has a running battle with nuka cola's corporate mainframe, always obsessing and trying to guess nuka's MF's next steps, laying traps etc. It's not even clear if there is a existing Nuka MF or if it's just pure paranoia from sunsets MF.

Gopher has allowed us to use his Armored Bounty Hunter Duster, this makes the perfect uniform/armor for sunset security employees. Too bad there's none left alive. But the player will enjoy them.

I'd like to have a high profile country western singer/cowboy poet surviving as a ghoul. He would in essence be the exact opposite of dean domino. He's one of the good guys, real hero type and a aid to the pc. He can pass info and even become a companion in some parts of the mod. He's given a lot more leadway and allowed to exist because of the mainframes Bronco Bill both have a soft spot for country singing/entertainment.

What do you guys think of robocoyotes? If the mainframe can't get hold of dogs it might use coyotes (as robodogs and their brains in some equipment, like the k9 gun or other ways).

And I'd like the protectrons (due to age, emp damgage to their programming, whatever) to argue, have grudges, sort of have their own backstories. Not on the same level as real humans but similar to the appliances in the sink.

Re: Sunset Sam (and I think I may have already mentioned this) but I'd like him to be an actual AI like Mr Vegas. But not only does he control the radio station he can also jump in and out of any sunset sam protectron. He is at first glance a possible but very restrained ally. But his motivations may be difficult to accurately judge.

Anyway a few thought....off to work now.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really like the ideas :)

I have another idea:

How about if we had bill's office somewhere is the park and it would be really hard to get in to, it would have laser traps(like in BM's sneak training an mark 3 robots and stuff. I don't know if you already was planning this.

You know, this whole thing made me think of covered wagons, trains, and whiskey.

Well back to the whole thing, couldn't you make the pre-war money system just by editing the cap system? Like one pre-war money could be equal to 20 - 40 caps?Or is it not that simple?(I only have the console version and i've been craving MUCH more so i came here, and i don't really know much about programming.)

I posted earlier that i would want to help and haven't done anthing yet. I'm a noob modder but i would like to try to help. I'm not sure what programs i need (obvioulsy the geck which i have). If you have any small requests i will try to do them. Thanks

P.S for the androids it would be cool to use the droids from angel park which got removed :( if thats ok with dogtown1(with some retextures of course).

I posted earlier that i would want to help and haven't done anthing yet. I'm a noob modder but i would like to try to help. I'm not sure what programs i need (obvioulsy the geck which i have). If you have any small requests i will try to do them. Thanks

at the very least I'd say nifskope and gimp. That way you can do textures (gimp) and basic manipulations on meshes (nifskope). But you can always help with dialog, plot etc even if you don't have modding skills.

P.S for the androids it would be cool to use the droids from angel park which got removed :( if thats ok with dogtown1(with some retextures of course).

I enjoyed angel park, but the whole theme for the androids is to simulate western actors (much like westworld) with bots being used for all other functions. Standard bots work great for the park, and droids would be out of place completely (as far as fallout lore)

Edited by devinpatterson

Devin, you've really done a lot. I mean a LOT. This is >80% your mod.

I love the ideas you've been throwing out. One query:

do you want Sunset Sam to be a unique cahracter? Given the number of Quest NPCs and his relative unimportance/obscure background, why not have him be a "front man" for Bill? IE Bill himself is passing off as a "random" ghoul NPC (with the potential for clever PCs to snoop around) among several other employeess (they don't know who he ie either- he's spying on them, too) while Sunset Sam is an "AI" aid to the player, that's really just Bill giving commands to a robot.

So he's hiding in plain sight while secretly aiding the player, either for his own ends or the MFs. Perhaps both.

Really like the ideas :)

I have another idea:

How about if we had bill's office somewhere is the park and it would be really hard to get in to, it would have laser traps(like in BM's sneak training an mark 3 robots and stuff. I don't know if you already was planning this.

I don't think I'd do it in his office if I were you, I'd say his mini/personal vault would be a much more likely spot for such high security measures

couldn't you make the pre-war money system just by editing the cap system? Like one pre-war money could be equal to 20 - 40 caps?Or is it not that simple?

That's what I'm hoping. I havn't had a chance to look into it since I'v been swamped trying to get the spanish villa & sublevel, along with bots and weapons out. But I brought it up so someone else can tackle that part of the mod.