Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:woot: Can I keep it?

Pleeeasseee?

Needs some mr handy jets in back and 5X speed modifier. But alas the little patchwork will probably never see the light of day :(

I'm really going overboard with the layout... can I just do the whole thing?

Give it a shot, see how it turns out.

What's with all the floating plants/rocks? Is any of it important to the areas other than the factory i.,e. did you move it from somewhere else?

They were moved out of the lot when I flattened it, that way hte game engine doesn't have to render something that can't be seen anyway. When I get around to it, I'll drop them around the office or delete them.

The Robot armor sounds pretty cool, actually.

Don't be so sure, it's pretty fugly. It also has an electrical effect that makes it look like it's always on the verge of shorting out;

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4568/sunsetroboarmor.jpg

All credit on that one and the MKII's in general go to Gorow333, I'm just tweaking what he created. It's made for a small 16 year old girl, but if you like it let me know and I can enlarge the arms and legs for an adult. The chosen one has to wear it until she can revover enclave armor from her parents crashed vertibird.

Edited by devinpatterson

Yeah, it looks rather small...

Though I like having it be a "custom" suit for her, i.e. not player accessible (w/o cheats) especially in the early game... maybe prevent the player from giving her better armor until afterwards.

yellow... :hurr:

a bit less... bright... would be cool. It's not like she wants to be found/seen, after all. Maybe a maroon/burgundy and tan/beige/faded yellow with plenty of scratches/dents?

Yeah, it looks rather small...

Though I like having it be a "custom" suit for her, i.e. not player accessible (w/o cheats) especially in the early game... maybe prevent the player from giving her better armor until afterwards.

yellow... :hurr:

Yeah it's downright embarrassing.....but yeah we can keep it her's until she gets her fathers armor (or until the very end of hte mod, whatever works best).

a bit less... bright... would be cool. It's not like she wants to be found/seen, after all. Maybe a maroon/burgundy and tan/beige/faded yellow with plenty of scratches/dents?

Yeah it's just the color of the sunset protectrons, I figure you gotta salvage what you can get. But she could slap some black paint or something on it. Of course seeing as how she's using it in the park, the yellow may fit right in. But no problem to change it. I could also make it hte rusty protectron texture.

The burgundy/yellow color scehme is SS's motif; I think it looks a LOT better than either of them (especially yellow) on their own.

But yeah, rusty/faded/crapslap black works just as well. I suppose it depends on how the bots/MF "see" her; taking a RL example, bright orange is obvious to humans, but a lot of big game (i.e. deer) see it as a beige do to their more limited color perception.

So how will the bots see?

The burgundy/yellow color scehme is SS's motif; I think it looks a LOT better than either of them (especially yellow) on their own.

Interesting, I am basically using the yellow/orange with burgundy and blac trim because, aesthetically it looked better to me. Maybe I should try several re-textures and see what people think of them.

But yeah, rusty/faded/crapslap black works just as well. I suppose it depends on how the bots/MF "see" her; taking a RL example, bright orange is obvious to humans, but a lot of big game (i.e. deer) see it as a beige do to their more limited color perception.

So how will the bots see?

I really have no clue, the only slight guess I have is that they *may* use the same spectrum as us since the stealthboys work on them. But then again maybe the stealthboys cover a wider spectrum than the visible. Still for convience's sake I'd suggest the same as human acuity. But it is a interesting question since there is a segment in the game where you will be remote controlling a eyebot, so I guess we should figure out what/how they perceive the world. The simplest way would probably be the same as ours but digitized. Or black and white would be a easy shader effect as well.