Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

Just posted a new topic but in the public, didn't think ahead.

Looks good, better then when I tried it. If I knew all the short cuts of blender then I think you could just delete and merge so smoothing the cylinder would take all of 30 seconds. Main issue is the horribly off iron sights, but it should be fixable.

If someone finishes it I'll probably just let them publish it if they just credit me along with you and whoever does a texture for it

EDIT: considering how late an entry this is to the mod, it makes more sense to leave it out, maybe just publish it as a stand alone mod to see if people like it, since it's a modified mesh as opposed to a new one which is less popular. If people like it then its just a case of putting the file in chap 2

Edited by HatterMaster

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted a new topic but in the public, didn't think ahead.

No worries, it's not a big deal

Main issue is the horribly off iron sights, but it should be fixable.

If someone finishes it I'll probably just let them publish it if they just credit me along with you and whoever does a texture for it

EDIT: considering how late an entry this is to the mod, it makes more sense to leave it out, maybe just publish it as a stand alone mod to see if people like it, since it's a modified mesh as opposed to a new one which is less popular. If people like it then its just a case of putting the file in chap 2

Sounds like a plan. There really wouldn't be anywhere to put it in chp 1 in any case. Chp 2 though is a possibility, since the villa will contain summer homes, one of which is bills.

Great, gives us time to rope in a texture artist and get the bits and bobs to work.

Are you shooting for the orginal pic (the one that said 500 Magnum is for Wimps)? If so we can lighten the texture and add a chrome effect (saw that on a protectron). Currently testing the iron sights, it does seem to be just trial and error, should have something shortly.

If it's released as an independent mod first I'll probably stick it somewhere in hoover dam

Seems like a good spot. Gun runners might be interesting too, but they'r hard to get into.

BTW given any thought to mods? I'd go with it being unique ie not having any mods, but I thought I'd ask in case you want a scope so I could do it at the same time as the iron sights.

Edited by devinpatterson

Sorry about my silence/absence.....

anyway, the problem is more about the cryptic abbreviations for the "Utility Bay" pieces, which seem to be patch parts for room-to-bay areas... IE baywallPTRT[?]01, four letters in there...

No worries, just now got blender working again, so I havn't done anything for a day or two either. But this morning I just put collision on some of those green freeway signs and am going to use one for a ramp in the ncr forward post and a few for junktown (both on the freeway overpass). I'm also making a custom overpass/freeway sign with a I15 logo and "sunset sarsaparilla wild west world next right" at the junk town. It should add a incredibly obvious hint that the entrance is close and provide a little history for SSWWW.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

I'm doing a requested re-texture of a pipboy and thought it would be cool to have a special pip-boy model for sunset park. Besides the cosmetic changes to a sunset color scheme and logo this can pip-boy can have a built in hardware modification for trauma treatment. I thought 3 slots for automatic stim pack administration ala the stealth suit. 3 stims will give you hte edge when your near death but won't make you virtually invulnerable like the stealth suits fully automatic dispensing. The sunset pipboy will also have important in game abilities and a place in the storyline. We already know there is a sunset park public radio station playing music, lots of commercials, park announcements and attractions etc.

But there should be a two (at least) encrypted signals/stations that was used by sunset security (human and bot) for communication as well as a separate station ( the control signal) the mainframe uses on all synthetics. In the beginning the signals/stations will be meaningless chirps, screeches etc. But once a sunset pip-boy is acquired we will remove one of the encrypted stations and add a new station (decrypted sunset security) with an attached script. general chatter from security bots and security bulletins will play on this station. The security bulletins will be specific to actions by the player. For instance if the player has penetrated the reactor an emergency bulletin will play. It could be something simple like "intrusion sector 5, security alert" or something more elaborate. Also the general level of chatter will reveal the overall *** of the park. Lots of chatter means lots of enemy activity.

The encrypted control signal/station will be the station that we hear the "dreaming brains" on as well as and the mainframe's thoughts. The mainframe musings and the dreaming brains will provide atmosphere, expose important back stories as well as clues for present activities. It will also be key in discovering the mainframe control of the nanny in the skullbear scenario. It won't be automatically gained, instead a holotape will be required to unlock the code. This will probably be a mini-quest requiring the player to recover some items that the tribals chosen one left behind while fleeing.

A third part of the pipboy quest will involve the mainframe remotely deactivating the sunset pipboy and the players attempt to override the security lockout. That will probably require a holotape as well.

A fourth but optional quest will involve programming modules. The key to these optional micro quests will be acquiring programming packages (holotapes) that give the pipboy new abilities. This would be very similar in concept to the stealth suit and sonic emitter from old world blues. What it would allow us to do in essence is creat another platform for abilities. It won't be a compeletey unrestricted platform, it would have to make sense in view of a pipboy's abilities. So your not going to see a rocket launcher unfold from your pipboy, but that still leaves us a lot of creative freedom to craft these special attributes.

EDIT: Actually a fifth quest would be acquiring a pipboy 3250 prototype (of which there is only one in the park) and it would have most of teh tactical abilities, since it would have the photonic emitter. The first model would be 3150 and these would be the ones that were in use by the security teams. Perhaps the 3250 becomes required when the mainframe locks out the 3150's. The 3250 being a protype may not have a security lockout function.

Some programming modules could be extensions of the pip boys own abilities. An example would be a +5 bonus in vats due to more efficient program code. Such a programming holotape might be found in the security offices or armory. Another example would be increased sensor range (say an extra +1 to perception). A bonus to hacking would be another useful module, as well as extended/brighter pipboy light. Or a pipboy light in another frequency, such as infrared, that might help to highlight opponents in the dark. Perhaps a bonus to robotic opponents as the pipboy highlights vulnerabilities in the sunset bots.

But the modules wouldn't be limited to traditional pipboy or electronic skills. Tactical abilities like a EMP pulse that stuns or paralyzes bots for a few seconds would be a useful tool. Maybe a holo emitter that projects a image for decoy purposes. Tactical abilities would have to be balanced or limited so they may take a little bit of play testing to get right. But these abilities will be useful for evening the odds as the bots become higher level mark 6 and 7's as well as more numerous.

Plus we could have modules that are unrelated to gameplay but just create a more interesting atmosphere, or just plain quirky fallout fun. For instance we could have a programming module for AI's, so you have a little companion aka the stealth suit from old world blues. Want some adrenalin pumping combat music once the fighting begins, can do. You want disco music and flashing colored lights (can't imagine anyone does, but it's just an example), can do.

I just hit this post reading through and almost spewed coffee all over my comp. *chuckles* I've been thinking about how awesome something like that with the pip-boys would be since I first played Fallout 3! Really hope this idea is part of the final package. Thrilled with everything I'm seeing about this mod! (calling it a mod seems cheap since just the vague outline is already seems like more content than HH or LR)

The Nuka-Cola rivalry is definitely a goldmine of plot points. :pirate:

As for the MF, I'm operating that it was a "created" AI; not a borrowed/reprogrammed brain but a true artificial intelligence, with Shelly's (sp?) Creator/Creation arc coming to mind.

It could be harvesting human brains for "repairs" or replacements; the Multiple Personality aspect of assimilating one too many times would be interesting to see. The "personalities" each being individual donors, i.e. a biologist/anatomist for lobotomy/psychology work, a veteran security officer for commanding the bots, etc.

All subordinate (at least in theory) to the Main artificial MF.

I see a fun way to play with this multiple personality aspect as well. At certain points whenever the MF is speaking (once you have voices going, or even in text bracketed off ) a different voice interupting with a word or short phrase. Somewhat like the group conversations with the think tank when they all speak through Klien, or for those of you who are or were comic geeks, like the Fog was depicted when he was in Doom Patrol as a member of the Brotherhood of Dada. (In his fog form he absobed other people and then got left with them as voices in his head forever, and they often interrupted him. Arguing with him or each other.)