Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Devin! I'm just glad to see this thread and mod are still going. I remember running into this place shortly after it was created a couple of years ago. Hope all's going well both for you and the mod.

By the way, would you mind if I PMed you for some advice on modding?

No worries Devin! I'm just glad to see this thread and mod are still going. I remember running into this place shortly after it was created a couple of years ago. Hope all's going well both for you and the mod.

By the way, would you mind if I PMed you for some advice on modding?

Hi JohnDoe0722, I think it's usually a better idea to post in teh threads, simply because there are probably a lot of people that have the same questions. If the answers and discussion are in a visible thread those questions become apparent to everyone and it's a lot more effeicient than re-inventing the wheel. But feel free to ask here and I'll try to help. If it goes too far off topic it's always possible to post a new topic to accommodate it.

The wagon looks great! Definitely agree that having a "ride and shoot" would be great, one of my biggest disappointments with Point Lookout in FO3 was that you didn't get to ride the Ferris Wheel to the top, it would have made a great sniper nest (ok missile platform for most of my playthroughs).

What would be really amusing is having that ride and shoot be half planned ride, half enemy blasting. Like this: It was originally a ride along shooting gallery, Sunset Sam's (or whatever name) Wild Ride! Ride along as Shotgun on a stage pursued by banditos as you try to get the wagon of supplies and paychest to the Fort!. Popup targets (or full on bot banditos) popping up and needing to be shot along the ride, however some wasteland nasties have managed to slip into the ride (ferals, creatures, maybe even some rogue bots) and need taking down as the approaching cart wakes them up!

I'm rather enjoying the idea that in this hypothetical wagon-ride where you shoot at real targets rather than the pop-out targets as you go..you could still shoot at the popup targets. and at the end, collect your winnings :P
Special achievement for actually winning the ride.

What would be really amusing is having that ride and shoot be half planned ride, half enemy blasting. Like this: It was originally a ride along shooting gallery, Sunset Sam's (or whatever name) Wild Ride! Ride along as Shotgun on a stage pursued by banditos as you try to get the wagon of supplies and paychest to the Fort!. Popup targets (or full on bot banditos) popping up and needing to be shot along the ride, however some wasteland nasties have managed to slip into the ride (ferals, creatures, maybe even some rogue bots) and need taking down as the approaching cart wakes them up!

Sure that sounds good, you get a few extra targets for you money :smile: Maybe near the last half of the journey a huge hulking behemoth (in the general description sense, not a super mutant, most likely a quadraped) type creature shaking the earth behind you as it gives chase (mostly for dramatic effect, but also to split your attention among oppenents).

I'm rather enjoying the idea that in this hypothetical wagon-ride where you shoot at real targets rather than the pop-out targets as you go..you could still shoot at the popup targets. and at the end, collect your winnings :tongue:

Special achievement for actually winning the ride.

Definitely, whe courier stumbles forth toward the pony express station at the end of the ride, to find a sunset protecton delivers him a prize (anything from a sunset teddy bear to the most expensive sunset swag). It's always fun to have a repeatable mini game.

I havn't done any work on animated nifs. I wonder if I could do the pop ups a different way. I could be lazy and have an enable command attached to a trigger on the path/road along with a sound. It wouldn't be perfect but with the audio cue the lack of animation may not be immersion breaking. Although I'm not sure how to tie the subsequent disable to the targets when they are shot.

On the other hand, I could attach a little script to simply do some move to's in sequence along the z axis-providing a simple simulacrum of an animation.

Might be do-able without making some animations in blender (which I havn't done yet).

I wish we had a way to utilize some of the mount nodes (entry point, actor/parent) in fallout skeletons :sad: I'd love to have some protectrons banditos riding larger models similar to buttercups, to harass the pony express wagon. I might be able to make another wagon, that can pull upside hte players wagon and stock it with some protectron bandits (except of course the security protocol was engaged during the war and damaged by emp, so surprise, surprise, they're using live rounds).

Although I'm not sure how to tie the subsequent disable to the targets when they are shot.

Scratch that, a single destruction stage will let me fire off a little script to add to your "kills", two or more stages if we want the target to have multiple scores. Since the park wouldn't want you actually blowing pieces of their targets off, the original attraction probably had something like BB guns, but as the courier isn't restricted to such non leathal weapons, I can also include chunks of the target blown off to simulate hits by more potent firearms.

Actually animating using Blender wasn't exceptionally involved. I had a go at it some months ago.

I was trying to animate the lift platform in the vault armory. I got it animating without problems, just some issues with binding the collision box to it so I could stand on it. Gave up in the end because of that but the actual visible anim worked spot-on.

I don't remember much of the process at this point but there were some good tutorials for it out there