expansion packs over DLCs

hector530

expansion packs or DLCs or both?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. what would you prefer?

• DLCs
    • expansion packs
    • 1 expansion pack and some DLCs

The problem with the Oblivion DLCs was that, with the possible exception of Mehrunes Razor, you could get far better stuff made by modders. Let's face it most of them were just house mods, and there are a ton of far better house mods freely available from this site, or collected on Oblivion Real Estate.

And before anyone mentions it, I realise that is a very PC-centric view :unsure:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLCs are made and planned before the game comes out and are later sold. Simple as that.

something tells me you believe most conspiracy theories too

What is a difference between it being made while games engine is done and quests are being done or when the game was released?

DLCs are definatly planned. take New Vegas for example. It had references linking to future dlcs that proved to be right. DLCs are nothing more than a quest left out from the game to make more money. And how is saying that I believe most consiracy theories even relevant to the situation. Game developers aren't awesome people who are kind enough to make games for us they are a businesses that runs to make profit. Some hide it better than others tho.

It might be different with hugeass expansions like Shivering Isles as that would take a ton of work.

Edited by antonkr

DLCs are made and planned before the game comes out and are later sold. Simple as that.

What is a difference between it being made while games engine is done and quests are being done or when the game was released?

DLCs are definatly planned. take New Vegas for example. It had references linking to future dlcs that proved to be right. DLCs are nothing more than a quest left out from the game to make more money. And how is saying that I believe most consiracy theories even relevant to the situation. Game developers aren't awesome people who are kind enough to make games for us they are a businesses that runs to make profit. Some hide it better than others tho.

It might be different with hugeass expansions like Shivering Isles as that would take a ton of work.

planned DLC started after release and finished DLC at release are two very different things. ones a rip off, take your pick.

Edited by hector530

planned DLC started after release and finished DLC at release are two very different things. ones a rip off, take your pick.

Who cares when they are made its just a business feature. They release them accordingly so it doesn't seem like a rip off. None is rip-off.