Save the monthly bandwidth and give a noob advice

voodoo26

Hello good people.

Just got myself a brand spanking top o' the tree PC. And of course Fallout 3 GOTY Edition.

So basically Im lookin for some advice on which mods to get before I start using up my measley monthly bandwidth.

Im lookin for:

Somethin to add a new dimension to the gameplay, like FOOK 2

The Nightvision thingy....i dunno whether that comes with FOOK 2?!? :S

Fellout...the one that makes everything look so nice, but makes night so night like.

One of the texture revamps so everything nice looks even better than real life.

and finally a mod to get rid of the level cap....

So good people i give it to you...is it possible to get all these things working together?

with the DLC???

Any other mods that will enhace my viewing or playing experience...i dont want anything OTT, just mods with like more stuff to find!

Please recommend!

Ive had a look through other posts and browsed the files, but this site is massive! and due to me being 3 years late i dunno which is good/bad/old etc.

Lookin forward to your suggestions, and apologies for my lack of knowledge!

VDoo

I don't mean to sound like a smart-arse, but it sounds like you've already got a good start on knowing what you want.

I may be a bit biased, but I'd recommend some companions. I've made a few myself, but there are also a lot of other good ones to choose from.

Since you have a good rig I'd also recommend this.

Also on my own list of must-haves are MMM and since you have the DLCs maybe something to further increase the level cap. (Sorry, I can't seem to find them quickly at the moment to provide links.)

I don't mean to sound like a smart-arse, but it sounds like you've already got a good start on knowing what you want.

I may be a bit biased, but I'd recommend some companions. I've made a few myself, but there are also a lot of other good ones to choose from.

Since you have a good rig I'd also recommend this.

Also on my own list of must-haves are MMM and since you have the DLCs maybe something to further increase the level cap. (Sorry, I can't seem to find them quickly at the moment to provide links.)

Yeh i have a pretty good idea...but do they work together? and which is the best texture pack to use?

Thanks for that link, couldnt be wasting those 2gigs of RAM, should run like Usain Bolt on crack now!

Wanderer's edition. I don't bother with FOOK or other stuff. It's a great game, just needs the gameplay stuff sorted out.

I like the idea of wanderers edition, makes it a bit more like hardcore on NV. But i really love just finding new stuff, and with all the weapons/items/clothing/etc of fook it sounds like its good to me....

unless....does Wanderers have lots of new items?

still after the best texture pack too!?!?!?

VDoo

I'd put up 'DC Interiors' as absolutely worth considering.

Opens up a whole bunch of buildings to explore. The vanilla version had all these almost intact houses and buildings that you could NOT enter. Not any more. Also provides a whole bunch of encounters and interesting stuff to find.

I'd put up 'DC Interiors' as absolutely worth considering.

Opens up a whole bunch of buildings to explore. The vanilla version had all these almost intact houses and buildings that you could NOT enter. Not any more. Also provides a whole bunch of encounters and interesting stuff to find.

That sounds sweet! Ill have to check on that one!

Thanks for your help guys...

Just one last thing.....which is the best texture pack? :P

Thanks

VDoo