Textures not loading correctly? (help)

LeonProfessional

just got Oblivion installed on my new rig with Win7 x64

long story short, something's wrong and textures are not loading properly (picture below)

i had this problem when i installed it about a week ago, but needed to reformat anyway, so i figured maybe it'd be fixed with a new installation, but the problem persists

even with all mods disabled, or changing resolution, or other graphic settings, it keeps happening

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2816/oblivionss1.jpg

i seem to remember encountering something similar in Morrowind but can't recall what this kind of issue is called

anyone able to help?

-TIA

First thing to get out of the way is ... have you installed Oblivion in the default C:\Program Files (x86) location? If it is in Program Files and you have installed any mods the Microsoft security feature called UAC is interfering. If you need to uninstall to move Oblivion to the preferred location for Windows 7 (which is C:\Games\Oblivion) one of the moderators here bben46 has posted this uninstall/re-install guide to help get the job done completely and correctly. When you re-install start Oblivion before adding any mods and confirm problem free gaming. Install mods one or two at a time and check in-game before moving on to the next. This makes finding a troublesome mod much easier.

If you are already installed outside the Program Files directory posting a load order would help. Here's a link to a guide on doing that if you need help. If it's a long load list put a ["spoiler"] tag (without the quotes) before the list and another ["/spoiler"] (again without the quotation marks) after the list. Don't forget the slash (/) in front of the second spoiler.