Crosshair color?

Acleacius

Does anyone know how to edit the color of the Crosshair, I see the hud_reticle.xml but not sure what to change. I would like a White color as the Gold default color blends in with the landscape too easy, making it impossible to Target Accurately.

Thanks for any help. :)

The crosshair is an icon. You would need to edit the appropriate icon in you favourite graphic utility.

Thanks Hickory.

Anyone know if the icon can be extracted with the Construction Set, if so is there a fairly simple graphic editor available for those of use whom aren't blessed with artist talents? ;)

Thanks for any tips, links or help.

It cannot, you'll need to extract it from the Oblivion textures bsa using OBMM or bsa commander or something; the filepath is Textures\Menus\Misc\hud_reticle.dds

Easiest way to edit it would probably be to just open it in gimp/photoshop and desaturate it, brightening as needed.

I am unsure if photoshop can save/load dds files natively, but gimp needs a plugin for it. I am also unsure how it should be saved, but I believe it is DTX5 w/o mipmaps.

Edited by whalecakes

I believe it is DTX5 w/o mipmaps.

DTX3 with mipmaps (for differing resolutions). Normally icons are stored in menus, menus50 and menus80 for differing resolutions, but mipmaps negate this. Don't use mipmaps for CS icons, or you'll be nagged to death.