How many saved games do you have and how much space they take?

VGI

I have about 20 characters and about 10 saves per character, so I would average about 200 savegames. It looks like I have 936 MB of saves. Now and then I go in and make sure that I only have 10 saves per character and delete old ones to get down to this number.

Savegames are nice to have around. If someone reports a bug in one of my mods, I often have a savegame at the right place and time period that I can use for play-testing. Say nothing of how spare savegames can protect you from loss through effects of bad mods, CTDs, and corrupted savegames.

True, true.

I only have about 50 saves, give or take, for a character I've been playing a few hundred hours. I use StreamSave's autosave feature and have 15 streamsaves that it cycles through, and I usually make one permanent manual save for every day of game time, plus a named manual save right before I do anything that I know has irreversible consequences.

I tend to delete much older saves because I use so many mods that most saves won't even load without the correct combination of mods, and who the hell knows which mods I was using two months ago. I can find the masters in Wrye Bash and recreate an older load list if it's really important, but it isn't worth doing unless absolutely necessary and that's only happened once in two years of playing.

I do have saves from right before exiting the sewers with four or five previous characters whose faces I really liked. One of these days I'll get around to using the face program to turn the saves into face files so I can delete the saves, but I'm lazy and haven't done it yet.

I only have about 50 saves, give or take, for a character I've been playing a few hundred hours. I use StreamSave's autosave feature and have 15 streamsaves that it cycles through, and I usually make one permanent manual save for every day of game time, plus a named manual save right before I do anything that I know has irreversible consequences.

I tend to delete much older saves because I use so many mods that most saves won't even load without the correct combination of mods, and who the hell knows which mods I was using two months ago. I can find the masters in Wrye Bash and recreate an older load list if it's really important, but it isn't worth doing unless absolutely necessary and that's only happened once in two years of playing.

I do have saves from right before exiting the sewers with four or five previous characters whose faces I really liked. One of these days I'll get around to using the face program to turn the saves into face files so I can delete the saves, but I'm lazy and haven't done it yet.

Sounds like you're an expert.

I like the idea about StreamSave, though I do not know what StreamSave is.

I often forget to save before I do something big in the game and it irritates me at times.

I only have 4 saves. I constantly use quick save but when I use a different character I overwrite my oldest save. Can't say I know how much space that amounts too.

I dont know how you could have more than 20.

I only have 4 saves. I constantly use quick save but when I use a different character I overwrite my oldest save. Can't say I know how much space that amounts too.

I dont know how you could have more than 20.

Do you use Wyre Bash? You can have different game profiles if you know how to use Wyre Bash. Currently, I have two profiles; one for my Breton, and the other for my Female Khajiit. I have a third, not very well used. But the Wyre Bash profile makes it so that, if you activate one profile, you can make that profile exclusively for one character, and another profile for another character. No need to worry about unintentional/accidentally overwriting one of your character's saved games with a different character.

I like the idea about StreamSave, though I do not know what StreamSave is.

I often forget to save before I do something big in the game and it irritates me at times.

StreamSave is a function included in the mod Streamline, which is essentially an optimization mod. There are a bunch of mods that will give you an autosave feature, though. For a long time I used a plain autosaver mod and it worked fine. I just use StreamSave now because I'm using Streamline anyway and there's no reason for an extra mod to do the same thing.

In most autosave mods, you just tell it to save your game automatically every X minutes of play time and it keeps creating new autosave files for as long as you keep using it. For Streamline specifically you can also specify how many saves it should use. I have mine set to 15 save files and 10 minute increments. So I start the game and every 10 minutes, my game is automatically saved for me. The first time it saves, the save file is created called Streamsave 01. Next time, Streamsave 02. And so on, until it gets to Streamsave 15, and then the next automatic save cycles back and re-saves over top of the Streamsave 01 file. You can also tell Streamline to save after every combat battle, or every time you sleep (but you don't have to). That's in addition to the every 10 minutes.

The only issue with autosaves is that they tend to corrupt more often than regular saves. I've only had that happen once or twice, but it does happen, and I've heard horror stories of experiences far worse than my own. That's why I make sure to do a manual save for every day of game time. But for the most part the autosaves work just fine and every time I play I have over two hours of playing time saved in 10 minute increments in case I do something idiotic and want to go back (rare) or my game crashes and I don't want to have to restart from five hours ago (common).

I played on console so it wasn't possible to get massive files, and pretty much just had a save per race while only using about three of them. I also was taking ghetto screenshots through the little savegame portrait that the game takes, so I had at most twenty save files, mostly of one character, at any given time. Not that much compared to others here though.

I keep two saves from each number series. For example 180 and 189. I delete the rest. I keep them on a flash drive in case of hard drive trouble. That way I know they are safe. I also have them backed up on my external hard drive. I have 3 on the hard drive, usually the last three saves. Then on the flash drive I have 22 going all the way back to when I first started 2 years ago. I had to delete many of them to make room for my NV saves, until I moved those to a new flash drive. The current flash is 8 G, so it was a lot!

I keep two saves from each number series. For example 180 and 189. I delete the rest. I keep them on a flash drive in case of hard drive trouble. That way I know they are safe. I also have them backed up on my external hard drive. I have 3 on the hard drive, usually the last three saves. Then on the flash drive I have 22 going all the way back to when I first started 2 years ago. I had to delete many of them to make room for my NV saves, until I moved those to a new flash drive. The current flash is 8 G, so it was a lot!

I have an SD card that I treat like a write-protectable flash drive that is also 8GB. But I never had any TES4 saves saved externally.

You must really like The Elder Scrolls.