{Quick Survey} What would be your dream start location?

danielj97

read the main post before voting!  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to start in Oblivion?

• I would like to start in a burning shipwreck.
    • I would like to start in a burning building.
    • I would like to start in a castle under-seige.
    • I would like to start in a small cottage.
    • I would like to start in a small village.
    • I would like to start in a house, in one of the main cities.*
    • I would like to start as a homeless man.
    • I would like to start as a thief / criminal on the run.
    • I would like to start as an estate owner.
  2. 2. * If you chose No.6, then what city?

• The Imperial City
    • Skingrad
    • Chorrol
    • Leyawiin
    • Bravil
    • Cheyinhall
    • Anvil
    • Bruma
    • I didn't pick number 6
  3. 3. If you chose more than one answer for Q1 then how would you like the mod to be layed out?

• In one big mod?
    • Split up into a mod series?

Yes something like that.

Not a fan of the "unnamed prisoner" idea in both Morrowind and Oblivion... doesn't really make much sense.

Ok, I'll do the portal idea, the one i've been working on today is the Burning Shipwreck Idea, but being me, i forgot to save the CS and it crashed, so I'm gonna wait until tommorow, when I will be calmed down, :)

I would be happy to see a beginning that actually made sense and also variation is hugely important in my opinion.. I love doing a different beginning each time. I know it's tradition for Bethesda to start you off in a prison cell but I feel they just didn't make sense. In Oblivion (I haven't played Morrowind by the way) the blades just find you in a prison cell, suddenly the emperor's executed and they just let you loose. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but every little bit counts. :thumbsup: Edited by Daledge

Yes I'd say the Oblivion new game is even worse than the Morrowind one lol.

Emperor: "omg I've seen you before, flirt flirt"

Rennault: "wtf stop flirting with the prisoner you big oaf"

Emperor: "what? She probably got in because she was a prostitute, I need some fun before I escape from this country. Anyways I've come here to make a deal with you, right after I behead the moron who put a prisoner beside my secret passage. You gain your freedom if you take my amulet and save the world. Blah blah blah the nines blah blah blah Mythic Dawn blah blah assassins blah blah amulet *****"

PC: "*yawns* huh...yeah whatever"

The Morrowind one had the PC arrive on a slave/prisoner cargo ship I think, after being exiled.

Starting in a castle under siege is pretty fun, obviously there should be a small tutorial first.. but with the threat looming overhead already. I liked how it was done in Dragon age: origins. (Although that's not the first game to use the concept, I have a pretty bad memory but I'm pretty sure some other RPGs start in similar fashions like the Witcher per example) Ofcourse it could be improved upon, like the castle not actually being assaulted.. but you simply needing to fetch help from the surrounding villages (Through a tutorial dungeon) in the form of militia or something alike.

Your a test dummy in a lab during modern times. When a experiment goes horrible wrong a portal opens and mythical creatures pour out and your sucked in falling from the sky. Next thing you know you on a platform in the water being worshiped by argonions. As you start to fall asleep you wake up in a sewer and observe a prisoner and emperor being MURDERED. Then a knight comes out but gets hit by a arrow. As you loot the bodies you find an Amulet... Bla bla bla you know the rest Edited by TheEliminater

Well, I've just been set back a bit, I've uninstalled Oblivion, cause it makes my PC crash on Start Up. I'll install it on my Laptop and do the mods on that though, so there might be a small delay in how long it takes for each chapter to be released.

I would be happy to see a beginning that actually made sense and also variation is hugely important in my opinion.. I love doing a different beginning each time. I know it's tradition for Bethesda to start you off in a prison cell but I feel they just didn't make sense. In Oblivion (I haven't played Morrowind by the way) the blades just find you in a prison cell' date=' suddenly the emperor's executed and they just let you loose. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but every little bit counts. :thumbsup:
Thats one of the main reasons that I'm doing these mods, the start of Oblivion, to be quite frank, is crap. It was alright the first time you played the game, but it gets too repetitive. Which is why I'm doing all of these alternate starts, so that you can start off as a different character everytime, in a different place, with different things.

Yes I'd say the Oblivion new game is even worse than the Morrowind one lol.

Emperor: "omg I've seen you before' date=' flirt flirt"

Rennault: "wtf stop flirting with the prisoner you big oaf"

Emperor: "what? She probably got in because she was a prostitute, I need some fun before I escape from this country. Anyways I've come here to make a deal with you, right after I behead the moron who put a prisoner beside my secret passage. You gain your freedom if you take my amulet and save the world. Blah blah blah the nines blah blah blah Mythic Dawn blah blah assassins blah blah amulet *****"

PC: "*yawns* huh...yeah whatever"

The Morrowind one had the PC arrive on a slave/prisoner cargo ship I think, after being exiled.

Yeah...?

Starting in a castle under siege is pretty fun' date=' obviously there should be a small tutorial first.. but with the threat looming overhead already. I liked how it was done in Dragon age: origins. (Although that's not the first game to use the concept, I have a pretty bad memory but I'm pretty sure some other RPGs start in similar fashions like the Witcher per example) Ofcourse it could be improved upon, like the castle not actually being assaulted.. but you simply needing to fetch help from the surrounding villages (Through a tutorial dungeon) in the form of militia or something alike
I have to say, that's actually a really good idea. I'll use that for one of the bigger releases, as the majority of these starts wont have tutorials because, the majority of people downloading mods, will have already played the tutorial, so, they will know how to play the game, but the idea of rallying support sounds quite nice.

TheEliminater[/b]]Your a test dummy in a lab during modern times. When a experiment goes horrible wrong a portal opens and mythical creatures pour out and your sucked in falling from the sky. Next thing you know you on a platform in the water being worshiped by argonions. As you start to fall asleep you wake up in a sewer and observe a prisoner and emperor being MURDERED. Then a knight comes out but gets hit by a arrow. As you loot the bodies you find an Amulet... Bla bla bla you know the rest
I'm not putting in any starts which have anything to do with modern day life' date=' that just spoils the lore of the game. :)[/quote']

Or like Fable' date=' when you start out as a child, and see as your village got plundered.
Now, that sounds really smart, I think I may have to force myself to use that idea. :P

Also, I've got another scenario I'm including, howver, this one is going to be the main start, and by far the biggest one. The player starts off as Lord/Leader/Mayor of a small village, (which consists of a few huts), and he can purchase upgrades for it and turn it into a much larger, and well developed settlement.