ENB CTD Fix but no enblocal.ini

Depressed4life

if you want Real vision, go on the description page, RivaTuner made the most usefull page for user, there is everything to set .inis and use his .Enb , even you'll use another one preset check it out.

just copy past , the binary 0.279 + enbboost from the wrapper file in you skyrim folder (where Tesv.exe is) download RVision file from nexus with your manager, it's a fomod instal, meaning you will have a menu with a few options to choose from, when it's done, go to your data file, check for Real vision, open it, find and use the installer RV.. if i recall , it will install all necessary files + how it'll set your enblocal.ini say ok, done»»play

@@

Thanks, done it already and I don't know how I did it but it works! Quick loads, no crashes for now, but let's be honest, it's 30 minutes ingame so I'll see.

I used the installer to set skyrimprefs.ini and changed enblocal.ini from what was suggested (10240) to 6144 and voila.

But I miss how Sharpshooter looked.

There was an option (optional it said, though I had to choose, so it wasn't optional as stated.) for Climates of Tamriel (which I have) and Realistic Lightning Overhaul which I don't have. Is it safe to install the RLO now? The game looks too bright for my tastes. Will it improve further how the game looks or will I end up with bugs such as bluish/greenish screen like in the inn in Whiterun?

you have 2 options:

full RLO or full ElfX, they change lighting in worldspace, interiors the most, if you install them, re run the installer, it won't hurt at all and you have to, it will install specific meshes for one or the other.

if you choose ElfX, there is an option called ''ext. enhancer'' it will be more dark outside, really dark :tongue:

i'm not using RLO since long now so i can't recall. but it's only for interior cell.

@@

ps: you should try again Sharpshooter, it's splendid and if your rig can handle it, it's worth the try, use the EnbLocal.ini from RealVision, follow the setup from mod author and you should be good :smile:

Edited by korun

I know it does. The Classic Version beats for me Real Vision everyday. It was one of the first ENBs I installed back in the day, sadly I had a weaker rig than now.

I'm more than eager to return to it. Just tell me all the steps you took. Is it classic? If so it's rather a waste of time cause it has no memory boost. I'm assuming you're talking about version 5? Does it look the same as Classic, cause I don't remember if I ever got past the loading screen with that version.

Should the steps be like this:

1. Delete all Real Vision files but leave enblocal.ini

2. Apply Sharpshooter version 5

3. Leave Skyrimprefs.ini as it is (was changed automatically by Real Vision autoinstaller)

4. Apply the d3d9.dll - and here is a problem cause the v.0231 binary is no longer anywhere to be found. What version should I install? What version are you using? Does somebody have it and is kind enough to attach it (for like 24 hours and then delete it or send me a PM), upload it somewhere (only Nexus is prohibited from what I saw, don't know if he clearly specified that Nexus forums are also off limits, or upload to just any other site).

5. Do I need the enbhost.exe from the Sharpshooter ENB v5 or do I take the one that comes with the version of binaries you (will, I hope) recommend (if no one has the v.0231 binary that is)? To clarify, old enbhost.exe from the Sharpshooter ENB v5 that can be inappropriate for newer binaries or the enbhost.exe that comes with the newe(st)r binary?

Or maybe the steps should be different altogether? I'm open for any suggestions, cause I'm tired of battling this seemingly never ending war with ENBs to get them to work right.

Before I do this, could I take all the files in Skyrim folder and copy them to somewhere else, apply changes to the correct Skyrim folder (the one registered as installed) and if something goes wrong, delete the whole Skyrim folder where it is installed, then copy the previously backed up (working) Skyrim folder? It would save me a lot of time. Is it doable or will everything go to hell if I do that? Searching for these files every time I want to change an ENB is quite a hassle. If you didn't understand I can clarify, but I hope I wrote it the way anyone can understand.

Thanks again for the reply and am waiting for the next one :smile:

Edit: Should I leave the RLO or remove it as Sharpshooter on its own looks good enough?

Edited by Depressed4life

i'm not using Sharpshooter now,

you are good to go ,

but 4/ install, 0.279 instead + enb boost from binary file (enbboost is an executable which handle the memory lines from your Enblocal.ini) so use the last one as well.

if 0.279 doesn't fit , there is still 0.236 and 0.262 available

for Rlo try it with the Enb, if it don't work nicely just uninstall, when i'm testing preset, i save specially in dragon reach for interior then just go out and fast travel for the outside, i'm using mod organiser which is really usefull for testing, load or un install mods related.

Ok, thanks, you've been a real help, everything mostly works. Sometimes there is an occasional crash with quickload (I die on legendary quite a lot, damn it's hard) but there is nothing more I can do about it. Guessing it's give and take.

If someone can add something, please do, otherwise thanks anyway. I'm off to kill dragons.

good news :smile:

where you're comming back from chasing dragon look for this:

1/ in your data folder you must have a Skse file

create a ''skse.ini'' with notepad, copy paste this in it

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048 »»»to show HD res IG

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768»»»max memory block size use by skyrim
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

save and put in skse file, then install these :

Safety load + Memory blocks log + Cell stabilizer

they are all Skse plugin and definitely help to stabilize your game for good when stressed, no more crash :smile:

@@

Edited by korun

no keep those + add the display part, it's better, you will show HD warpaint, scars, skin IG and install the plugins.

then go in game, play and when you'll shut down, go to Skyrim/data/skse/ and read your log, it must show how much memory your block is using

if it's :

«512 you're good,

»512 you're still good but increase from 512 to 768.

256 is the less never go under this

@@