-Help- Downloading Mods Issue

teddybear14

I do what i need to do, Basically:

-Download the file

-Export it to the desktop

-Open Computer.

-Local Disc C - Program Files - Bethesda Softworks - Fallout New Vegas - Data

-From the desktop, i copy the file/folder, and then paste it on Data.

Okay, so thats done.

I open Fallout New Vegas, click on Data Files and the only file I see is the following:

FalloutNV.esm

HELP! I really want this mod and this keeps happening.

All advise would be appreciated :)

ok heres how i do it download fomm from here then save to desktop

first make a folder in my documents,now download any mod,save into my documents,thenopen fomm ,click package manager, then add mod, get mod from folder, check on data files then if its there im glad i helped

hope this helped

I might help us if you told us WHICH mod you are trying to install.

If the mod has game models (textures or meshes) then you were right to place those folders inside your "data" folder in NV. However look to see if there is anything else in the zip, maybe something that has a name similar to the name of the mod, that should be the .esp plugin file which will activate the mod. If it has an .esp, you need to put that in your data folder as well. Then when you load up NV and click on Data Files you should see the name of the plugin. Click it and the mod should work.

Did you extract it? (unzip)

All files at nearly every download site (not just here) are downloaded in a zipped (compressed) format and must be unzipped before using. To do that you need an unzipping program. I prefer 7-zip which is a FREE program, and available right here on the Nexus

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15579