Custom bodies for custom followers?

Eyam3

Hi folks,

Soon to start re-installing & modding her up, some questions about bodies, basically.

What I'm looking for is for my player character to have a different male body to all others & that my followers have unique bodies of their own (obviously more attractive than mere npcs).

I've looked at - but not tried, been a year since I last played - mods like Everybody's Different, Unique Bodies, Unique Everything, & a few general npc re-texture mods out there, without understanding what the one does differently to the next.

So, first, can anyone recommend a good mod for re-texturing the npcs in general, something that won't make the toons look utterly glamourous, that would be somewhat lore friendly?

Secondly, can someone shed any light on setting up unique bodies for followers? I see some come with their own bodies, I'm possibly a bit confused about exactly what that means.

There's a unique body option for Vilja, for example. I'm hoping that means that I can replace just her skeleton, textures & mesh to make her look anyway I choose. Is that right, or is the unique body option something that must be applied to all female npcs?

For other toons, followers without their own custom bodies & my player character, I believe I need to use Racemenu to set them their own particular race, then I can replace meshes, textures, skeletons on a one by one basis - is that broadly correct?

Thanks.

Basically if you want different bodies and skin and whatnot on your custom followers you need to find the folder in your Skyrim or Mod Organizer directory and overwrite the files with the custom files.

Some major edits may require the use of TES5Edit or even Creation Kit if you know what you're doing.

If you wanted Vilja to have a custom body you would go to Data --> meshes --> Actors --> Vilja and then find her body folder and replace it.

You need to make sure her skin matches her body type or you will get a neck seam or gap.