Skyrim CTD, no errors... tried everything!

razaretcha

Hello good people,

I watched some videos about Skyrim a few weeks ago, and I couldn't believe my eyes what modders did to this game. Now that I got some new hardware, I wanted to try out the stuff myself. So I installed quite a few mods (took me hours...) and created a new save. I played until I left the first cave (the one with the bear) and that's where the whole thing started - I was running towards Riverwood, but on the way the game crashed just like that. No errors, no nothing. Restarted again, it keeps happening (outside! When indoor, the game doesn't crash). Deactivated all mods and tried running them one by one, tweaked the .ini files, changed the enb file, cleaned the .esm files with Tes5Edit and even reinstalled all the mods carefully.

Some other weird stuff happened that was related to my .ini tweaks: I could load save files but when trying to start a new game, the game would just crash. Don't know why, but at least I could fix this.

Ok, so here is my mod list:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Shadow of Morrowind.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
moonpath.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
HERealUndressUndies.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
Snow Under Roof.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Moss Rocks.esp
SkyUI.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
Morrowloot.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
w2salem.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
Holidays.esp
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
CWIELnFXPatch.esp
Feminine Females.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Cloaks.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
fallentreebridges.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
CinematicFireFX.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
NoAnimalsReportCrimes-DG+DB.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
CWIDawnDragonPatch.esp
CWINPCImprovements.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
TrueStorms.esp
AchieveThat.esp
SofiaFollower.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
Binocular Vision Game Settings 135.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
ArrowRecoverySystemOverhaul.esp
Athletics Training.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
CrimsonTwilightArmor.esp
DarkStandalone.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
ELFX - Moonpath.esp
FasterArrows50.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
Footprints.esp
getSnowy.esp
Gwelda Red Riding Hood.esp
HDT Female Hairstyles.esp
HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
Real Clouds.esp
Real Flying.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
Remodeled Armor.esp
ScopedBows.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
Sotteta Huntress Armor.esp
SplashofRain.esp
Spousetocustomhome.esp
TERAArmors_CBBE.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Toccata.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
WondersofWeather.esp

The load order has been optimized my LOOT (I didn't do it myself, not sure how. Are some of those mods incompatible?

Newest SKSE is installed, latest RealVision ENB Full option B. Resolution is 3440x1440, using flawless widescreen for the menu to show up correctly. Not using it doesn't fix crashes.

My hardware:

Core i7 4790K @4,5GHz

EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ 6GB GDDR5

8GB G.Skill Black Dragon 2133MHz

The rest doesn't really matter. Not enough RAM? Any ideas how I could fix this?

Thank you very very much in advance, I'd love to finally be able to play this game...

Cheers,

razaretcha

This may likely be a texture conflict or a memory block issue. Since you have already disabled your mods to solve the problem, it's likely the ladder.

Here is a link to video that may lead to your fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37xAMUQc1oY. Skyrim has been known to not handle memory transfer that well, and often crashes when one memory block crashes.

@fiewiel

I disabled all mods already, even the DLCs and it kept crashing.

I'll reinstall xp32, but I don't like racemenu - it's too full of options, it'd take me 20 hours do finally make my character :tongue: I'm not even using a custom race, I'm playing as breton.

@spar117

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

Edited by razaretcha

OK, so it actually was the memory.The memory log confirms it. Keeps crashing at 256-257MB.

However, the SKSE memory patch was already installed! I even deleted the thing and tried SMEE, used both, and so on. WHY?! The memory patch doesn't work for me :/

Edited by razaretcha

he SKSE memory patch was already installed! I even deleted the thing and tried SMEE

Skse mem patch and SSme are the same, the patch is what ssme was

delete your .inis and start skyrim launcher to make brand new one, launch the game with Skse

memory block max must be 768

and min 256,

i'm sure it's not related anyway, 6 gb vram + 8gb ram are overkill to run skyrim even ultra modded, if you don't have 4k/8k all over the place, the log says crash WHEN you were using 256mb not because it used 256mb

do you repatched when you've intalled and uninstalled every thing , where are the patch for PerMa?

uninstalling every thing doesn't make your game Vanilla^^, all scripts are still running and worst if you unchecked the DLcs.

@@

@fiewiel

I disabled all mods already, even the DLCs and it kept crashing.

I'll reinstall xp32, but I don't like racemenu - it's too full of options, it'd take me 20 hours do finally make my character :tongue: I'm not even using a custom race, I'm playing as breton.

@spar117

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

Was in a rush, apologize about that.

As with what Fiewiel said, perhaps disable your quest mods until arriving to Whiterun. This would ensure a strong start. Mods that add, change script, or are just script intensive, such as deadly dragons, can make your game unstable. The more you add, the less stable it becomes. However unstable saves for me happen in late game, but it's still a possibility in this case.

With that said, you could try and uninstall your texture mods. I remember having an issue in Winterhold where I would constantly crash in the city. Uninstalling a few texture mods ceased the crashing for me. I believe it was the high res texture packs that were giving me the trouble, the same ones you have installed.

Edited by spar117

Well, it seems the game would always crash the moment Lokir (the horse thief) talks to Ulfric. I downloaded alternate start and now can play the game, its pretty stable. No crashes yet, but... Thank you very much for showing me the memory fix!

(Oh, I really hate the image uploading system on these forums)

It seems walls and bridges and stuff is simply missing, especially from ruins. I'm sure those icicles aren't meant to fly around, or bandit corpses lying on the ground because they fell to their deaths. In my previous post, I'll upload another screenshot (250kb per post, it seems).

How can I fix this? Must be some meshes missing, right? Any mods that could fix this or should I extract the meshes.bsa file?

Well, it seems the game would always crash the moment Lokir (the horse thief) talks to Ulfric. I downloaded alternate start and now can play the game, its pretty stable. No crashes yet, but... Thank you very much for showing me the memory fix!

(Oh, I really hate the image uploading system on these forums)

It seems walls and bridges and stuff is simply missing, especially from ruins. I'm sure those icicles aren't meant to fly around, or bandit corpses lying on the ground because they fell to their deaths. In my previous post, I'll upload another screenshot (250kb per post, it seems).

How can I fix this? Must be some meshes missing, right? Any mods that could fix this or should I extract the meshes.bsa file?

Never dealt with something like this. Defiantly some missing mesh files there, or perhaps skyrim can't detect them.