LARGE SCALE MOD REQUEST

AlucardMichaelis

Skyrim Civil War Mod

Main Concept: Creating a player controlled faction/army that can fight against the Imperials

and Stormcloaks for control of Skyrim. I mainly wanted this because I find it odd

that to end the civil war you have to choose one side or the other despite your

beliefs.

Main Features: MCM for customization.

Ability to take over Skyrim as your own country.

Ability to choose who rules holds.

Full quests to attack and take over cities.

Replaces normal guards with your army’s soldiers when you take over a city.

Unique Features: Training and recruiting soldiers.

Ability to outlaw worship of gods. (This should remove all shrines to the gods chosen and give side quests to hunt down secret worshipers.)

Fully voiced characters. (vanilla voices or voice acting)

Ability to persuade guards to let you go because you are the new ruler

(in Skyrim only not Solsthiem)

New followers (commanders chosen for the army can be followers)

Use of tamed creatures (if chosen during download) such as trolls, giants,

and bears.

Ability to oversee income for the holds and country and set up trade

agreements with other countries in Elder Scrolls series.

Ability to choose a new city to become the capital of Skyrim or add a new

custom city (similar to purchasing and decorating a home) for the capital. This new city should be located in the plains between Whiterun and Rorikstead.

Side quests to keep cities and towns happy with your rule.

Side quests to kill off rebels.

Random assassination attempts on you (can change percentage of these in

the MCM from 0% chance to 100% chance or have the percentage chance

decided by how well liked you are as a ruler)

choice to either kill Tulius and Ulfric or simply imprison them.

Ability to choose what vanilla armor your soldiers will wear.

Compatability: This mod is to be built with compatibility in mind. Only mods that change the

Civil War like Civil War Overhaul should not be compatible, or something like

the Become High King Of Skyrim mod, as well as mods that conflict with the new city.

Donations: All donations should be handled and taken by the actual mod creator. I am just the

Creative Director and wish to be credited only as such. The actual modders did the

real work and so they should receive donations for their work.

Download: This mod should be able to be downloaded manually or through NMM. Features

should be able to be chosen during install like the use of tame creatures.

Personal Input: I’d like to see this mod not have a large performance hit so it can get out more,

but with the size I understand if this is not possible.

Edited by AlucardMichaelis

Please read: http://skyrimmw.weebly.com/skyrim-modding/recruiting-a-team-skyrim-modding-article-matthiaswagg-edition

=============

So many things wrong with this. Gah.

Skyrim Civil War Mod

Main Concept: Creating a player controlled faction/army that can fight against the Imperials

and Stormcloaks for control of Skyrim. I mainly wanted this because I find it odd

that to end the civil war you have to choose one side or the other despite your

beliefs.

Yeah, sure. Nice idea. Lots and lots and lots and lots of work. A TON of work. I'm not sure if you quite understand how much work this would be, but take my word for it: INSANE AMOUNT (this and the main features). But it would be cool.

Main Features: MCM for customization.

Ability to take over Skyrim as your own country.

Ability to choose who rules holds.

Full quests to attack and take over cities.

Replaces normal guards with your army’s soldiers when you take over a city.

Unique Features: Training and recruiting soldiers.

Ability to outlaw worship of gods. (This should remove all shrines to the gods chosen and give side quests to hunt down secret worshipers.)

Fully voiced characters. (vanilla voices or voice acting)

Ability to persuade guards to let you go because you are the new ruler

(in Skyrim only not Solsthiem)

New followers (commanders chosen for the army can be followers)

Use of tamed creatures (if chosen during download) such as trolls, giants,

and bears.

Ability to oversee income for the holds and country and set up trade

agreements with other countries in Elder Scrolls series.

Ability to choose a new city to become the capital of Skyrim or add a new

custom city (similar to purchasing and decorating a home) for the capital. This new city should be located in the plains between Whiterun and Rorikstead.

Side quests to keep cities and towns happy with your rule.

Side quests to kill off rebels.

Random assassination attempts on you (can change percentage of these in

the MCM from 0% chance to 100% chance or have the percentage chance

decided by how well liked you are as a ruler)

choice to either kill Tulius and Ulfric or simply imprison them.

Ability to choose what vanilla armor your soldiers will wear.

As I said, tons of work.

Compatability: This mod is to be built with compatibility in mind. Only mods that change the

Civil War like Civil War Overhaul should not be compatible, or something like

the Become High King Of Skyrim mod, as well as mods that conflict with the new city.

Uhhhhhh.... you can't just "draw out" what a mod will and will not be compatible with before even starting its creation! That stuff comes after you've made the mod. Sure, you can try to be more compatible with things when making it, but it depends on what you touch, and the methods you use - which determine how much/what you end up modifying.

Donations: All donations should be handled and taken by the actual mod creator. I am just the

Creative Director and wish to be credited only as such. The actual modders did the

real work and so they should receive donations for their work.

"The actual modders" don't exist yet, and don't act like you're some amazing saint for "coming up with this idea". Ideas are a dime a dozen. Even good ideas. The modders who actually DO the work have to exist, and they're the ones who should get all the credit essentially. Maybe if you wrote all the quests, dialogue, etc. then "creative director" sure. But saying "the actual modders did the real work" like you would be donated to just for coming up with the idea sounds incredibly presumptuous. And even if you did write everything, IF a mod author comes along and wants to make your mod, they can take what they want of the idea, write things themselves, or get someone else to write. Mod requests are just ideas, essentially. Anyone can come along and grab them, and they don't need to give "credits" or get "permission".

Download: This mod should be able to be downloaded manually or through NMM. Features

should be able to be chosen during install like the use of tame creatures.

Up to the mod author who makes it, not you. Splitting things up into modules is also a fair amount of work depending on how things are connected, so yeah. All up to the mod author on whether they want to do that. (Again, acting under the assumption that some mod author would happen across this and be all "well, my own ideas aren't nearly as good as this, gonna spend ages on someone else's mod idea!". Mod authors have plenty of ideas too.)

Personal Input: I’d like to see this mod not have a large performance hit so it can get out more,

Again, this entirely depends on the mod author, how they made it, etc. You can't just decide these things before you start the mod. "Oh, I think I'm going to make this mod and it'll have compatibility with X, Y and Z, as well as a frame rate hit of 6-7 frames during certain circumstances, and 1-2 frames during other circumstances." That's just ridiculous.

It's inevitable that a project of this scale would cause a massive perfomance hit :tongue:

Edited by JayCrane