HGEC body replace in Nehrim?

Hello. Im a huge lover of oblivion, and when nehrim came around I decided I had to have it. Now, I was under the impression "Oh, its just an oblivion remod so everything should be cool with modding" Well I was wrong. I understand the basic principals of modding, but I grew most accustom to OBMM. Since OBMM wont let me install it to the nehrim folder I have to do it all manually. Now, I take the manual install for HGEC body replacer, select all options, replace meshes and textures folders and I get a strange issue. The mesh takes effect, I can see the shape of all the body parts (female) but they are all missing the textures. Ive tried many things to get this issue resolved on my own, but to no avail. I really love Nehrim, but the standard oblivion bodies are just so hideous I dont even want to play. Does anyone have any reported success with introducing HGEC body replace into nehrim 1.1.1.1? Im looking for any and all advice. Thanks!

I'd guess it's an archive invalidation problem.

However, check you have the latest download of OBMM, as mine is running happily from my Nehrim installation directory. I use a utility called mTES4 to swap between that and Oblivion, so that may be why - take a look at mTES4 and see if that helps you.

Instead of using the exe version of OBMM get the manual install zip version. Unzip it to the Nehrim root directory the same way as you would with OBSE and make a shortcut to it on the desktop. Rename it so you know which is for Oblivion and which is for Nehrim.

Check that the file path is correct by looking at the Properties of the shortcut, which it should be if you installed it correctly.

Then you can use the Omod version of HGEC as normal, but it will be installed into Nehrim. Preferably, place the Omod itself into the correct folder manually, ie...Nehrim\obmm\mods. Then just start the Nehrim version of OBMM with the shortcut and go from there.

If you normally use Ozmo's textures, you can just redirect the textures to the Nehrim folders using the installer with no problems. This includes the face textures and believe me you want them. :laugh: I forgot just how awful the vanilla ones were until I played Nehrim. It also helps to install Improved Facial Textures first then Ozmo's.

You can also install the EVE Stock Armour and Clothing omod using the same method.

Make sure you check Archive Invalidation at least once, then it will update every time on it's own.

If you want to use OBSE related mods, as long as they are adapted for Nehrim, install OBSE the same way and make a new shortcut and start the Start the game with it.

Edited by Maigrets

See, I get an issue when trying to use the manual version when I try to run obmm from nehrim. " Oblivion mod manager must be installed to oblivion's default directory. If you have moved or renamed 'Oblivion_default.ini' Please replace it." Ugh, What now? Also, as far as updated OBMM, Im not showing any updates from anything after 2010 for obmm on TESnexus. So as far as this version that works either way I dont know where to find it. Advise?

I'm sorry I forgot to mention something. It's been awhile since I did it.

Anyway, if you copy the Oblivion_default.ini from your main Oblivion directory to the Nehrim directory, then run OBMM, it should work if you use the correct shortcut as I mentioned before. That way OBMM will be fooled into thinking you're using Oblivion.

OBMM for Oblivion won't be affected.

Edited for grammar.

Edit again: As far as I'm aware there are no further updates for OBMM so you probably have the latest version.

Another thing to try - Open OBMM (Nehrim version) and click Remove BSA edits in Archive Invalidation. Because Nehrim copies all of the BSA's from your Oblivion directory you may have edits, especially if you use other texture mods and have not re-installed Oblivion.

TThis will bring the BSA's back to the default state and your HGEC textures should then work.

The only other thing I can suggest is to browse the SureAi forums or join and ask them.

http://www.nehrim.sureai.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=81

Edited by Maigrets

I came upon a realization that made me laugh quite a bit. The textures worked fine. Trouble is, it wont work for the half-aternia or w/e they are called. If you use any other race it works fine! Also have X races working. There never REALLY was an issue, just a slight oversight. I should have known being that there was no mod for that race as its custom as it is. But hey, thank you guys for all the answers. You did help because I have obmm working like a charm in nehrim. Cheers guys!

I came upon a realization that made me laugh quite a bit. The textures worked fine. Trouble is, it wont work for the half-aternia or w/e they are called. If you use any other race it works fine! Also have X races working. There never REALLY was an issue, just a slight oversight. I should have known being that there was no mod for that race as its custom as it is. But hey, thank you guys for all the answers. You did help because I have obmm working like a charm in nehrim. Cheers guys!

Half-Aeterna is basically renamed and tweaked Ren's Mystic Elf. I recommend you to get Ozmo's HGEC texture, if you don't have it already.