Intelligent Player Clones

JamesonMongoose

Hello,

So, I've been trying to create an clone of myself that is not a bumbling moron. So far, my attempts at adding scripts & dialogue to the player in the CS have failed.

Is there any chance that someone has, or is willing, to create a mod where the clone has either new scripts &/or cm partner scripts?

It may just be me, but I would like to have a twin to go adventuring with, not just a bumbling clone.

Any tips, even if you have no interest in creating this mod, would help!

Thanks you for clicking,

JamesonMongoose

The CM Partners document CM Partners Creating Custom Partners (included with the CM Partners Basic download) would be a good start.

Edit: Here's a link to a tutorial for transferring faces from a save game.

Edited by Striker879

If you're just trying to get them to do simple things like fight alongside you, follow you, access their inventory, etc. You may want to try Companion Share and Recruit.

You can absolutely recruit any NPC in the game, even if they have they don't have a single AI package. (ie, a clone via the "createfullactorcopy" console command) and give them commands via a dialogue menu similar to CM's, without the hassle of the construction set. You can dismiss them at any time, and they return to their AI packages however busy (or empty) they may be.

Or you know, you could use FaceExchange lite, slosh your player character face on a random companion mod character that uses the same race as your character, set the class, skills etc etc and stuff his/her inventory with copies of your equipment. That way it does not get as messy as it can surely get with a completeActorCopy. Because you know... if a real clone of your character fights alongside you and kills an innocent bystander, YOU get the player fine, YOU are kicked out of a guild etc etc.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll try to implement some of all of them.

When I find the best work-around for me, I'll update you.

It may take a while, though.

Between work & a few other mod ideas, & reading a new book, & etc, my mind & time are reaching their limits.