need help with skyrim creation kit

ZecronClaw

I think you just go to your data files and check the boxes for which two mods you want and select one of them as your active file and do whatever it is you need to do from there. You still need both mods active during gameplay even though you moved the stuff from one mod to the other. If you are talking about stuff from hearthfire to dragonborn, or something like that, then I don't think you can I'm pretty sure you can only have one master file loaded at a time. Let me know if that worked ;)

Your query isn't specific enough as to what you're trying to do so I'm going to assume you have two mods or .esp files that you want you want to move records between. Is that correct? So you have a custom spell in one mod and you want to move it to another esp file for instance.

The answer is don't use the creation kit. First of all, make sure you're not misusing someone elses permissions to copy assets, then get hold of TES5edit (xedit). It has several useful functions one of which is "copy as new record into" which allows you to copy records between esp files. It also allows you to merge mods with scripted functions.

Here's a merge plugins xedit script you might also find useful: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/?

I think you just go to your data files and check the boxes for which two mods you want and select one of them as your active file and do whatever it is you need to do from there. You still need both mods active during gameplay even though you moved the stuff from one mod to the other. If you are talking about stuff from hearthfire to dragonborn, or something like that, then I don't think you can I'm pretty sure you can only have one master file loaded at a time. Let me know if that worked :wink:

thank you it worked