Wings 3D Modelling help sought

TBee

I am modelling a sailboat and can't for the life of me work out how to fill a space between vertices that don't sare the same plane. Please find a picture of my 3D model at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/157451/Wings3D%20Modelling%20Problem.gif

The red lines show the boundaries of a space I'd like to fill. In a graphics editor I've overlaid a grey panel which would be half of what I want to fill to make a forward compartment with a horizontal top deck and a vertical back plane (not shown).

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received ...

Hi!

You want to make faces between those vertices shown on the red line you drew?

I dont know about wings maybe you cant do n gons or whatever. But It is a nice shape. I think you can just make an edge from the right side to the left and then bisect that edge (make a vertex in the middle of the new edge. Then you can have 4 quads inbetween the vertices using the one extra vertex you created.

Edited by baduk

Thanks Baduk.

That's what I thought, but I can't join two vertices that aren't on an existing plane to make that edge. I've revised my linked image, and to be clear I can't join A to B to make an edge and make the horizontal and vertical plans I wat for that forward compartment.

See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/157451/Wings3D%20Modelling%20Problem.gif

Any further suggestions ... ?

I dont know, maybe it depends on how the modeling works in wings.

I have heard that its a great modeling program tho so you can totally do this.

How about extruding the vertices of a and b and then moving both to the center point between them and merging them?

I have heard about extruding in wings maybe a lot of the modeling is focusing around extrusion.