Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins to be considered for Smith

Agonofinis

Zaldiir, don't not vote for a game just b/c you played it on a platform other than that under which it has arbitrarily been categorized. They had to do that because otherwise it would be insanely complicated. Generally speaking, imo games which were exceptional artistic achievements on one platform were so on most or all of them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, but I still think it's a bad way to do it, placing some multi-platform games on Xbox 360, others on PS3, and yet some others on the PC, while all those games are for all 3 platforms... But that may just be me.

I have to agree, that list is sadly limited, but thanks for sharing.

voted for (lame console version) oblivion. You know, when oblivion came out I was so excited, bought the console, played about ten minutes, and never played the console again. PC version, however, is amazing.

Oblivion best rpg until skyrim comes out :P

consoles are pretty common now of days, might have something to do with the poor economy but console is a poor mans computer. I will always use PC it is the way to go

Edited by Bloodinfested

Wow, what a shoddy excuse for a list. Half of the selection of games for Era 4-5 are the equivalent of listing Twilight as the greatest literary work of the century. For one thing, at least, I didn't vote for Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls OR that trainwreck Fallout 3. Edited by Terralventhe

...they're not including portable games.

They can't do that.

Utterly famous games like Pokemon and other portable-exclusive series would be completely omitted and ignored from their so-called "History of Video Games".

Even now, video game development for portable devices is becoming more prevalent than for consoles.

Maybe Japan's museum of gaming will include portables.

Wow, what a shoddy excuse for a list. Half of the selection of games for Era 4-5 are the equivalent of listing Twilight as the greatest literary work of the century. For one thing, at least, I didn't vote for Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls OR that trainwreck Fallout 3.

I just have to ask: If you don't like any of the games on the Nexus, what are you doing here? :P

@Zaldiir

Who says I didn't like any of the games on Nexus. I liked New Vegas and I enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins, and the only one I called a trainwreck was Fallout 3. That doesn't mean, however, that I think any of those games are good enough to be voted upon as examples of video games as an artform in an exhibit. Perhaps you should read again before jumping to conclusions that allow you to dismiss other peoples' opinions.