Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate

He could feel Edward's eyes upon him as he led the injured man through the corridors of the fort and up to the door of the safehouse. He knew the man didn't trust him for some reason, but he didn't care. Perhaps it was healthy for him to be suspicious.

"You might want to remember this," Caius said over his shoulder, before laying his palm on the door's plain surface, "Shadowhand."

The door came to life with a glowing red rune of the Imperial Dragon, and it swung inwards, offering access to the Blades Safehouse beyond. As the two entered, the door shut itself behind them with a definitive click.

The place was still strangely empty. Caius poked his head around a few corners before locating the bunks down a small hall. He promptly picked a bed at the far end, flanked on one side by a wall, hoping it didn't belong to someone. Hanging his pack on the bedpost along with his katana's belt, the Spymaster climbed into the bed with his leather armor still on.

He raised a grey eyebrow at Edward, "Now, are going to keep staring at me? Or are you going to be smart and get some rest?"

Caius rolled over, his back to the man, and closed his eyes, not waiting for an answer.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn walked side by side with Velanya back inside the fort, her words still ringing in his mind. For all my experience, I probably am just a grizzled old Redoran who's seen too much, he thought to himself, though the fact that he looked far younger than his years didn't enter into his mind at all. Velanya's tattoo caught his eye as they walked, and he could feel a slight burning where his own tattoo was on his shoulder, the one he got the day he offcially joined House Redoran. It reminded him of his oaths and his duty to the people of Vvardenfell, not just the Dunmer, though he could tell he was extremely biased toward them.

As they walked, Adrynn wrapped an arm around Velanya's shoulder and hugged her close. "Cousin, if it would have been anyone else who told me what you said to me, I probably would have laughed them off. But, I know you're kin and you mean well, and I've had a bit of time to let my blood cool. And you're right, I do have a duty to Vvardenfell and its people. They come first," he said, smiling softly at Velanya. "I guess you can chalk up that little argument earlier as a headbutting contest between two old hardheaded warriors with too much time in one faction."

As they stepped inside the fort, he could see Lecuaro waiting patiently by the wall, his eyes on them both. He let his arm slip from around Velanya and placed it over his heart and bowed to Lecuaro. "Forgive me, Commander. I'm not usually like I was earlier. The stress of the past few days have been bearing down on me, and on all of us, a bit too harshly." Adrynn stood up, his eyes calm and fierce at the same time. "I accept your invitation to join the Blades. Though I only hope it will be for a short time."

Azura, guide me though these troubling days.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Hardheaded, indeed, Velanya thought.

They stood before Lecuaro once again. After Adrynn accepted Blades membership, she addressed the Breton, "Commander...are there any guest quarters in this fort that I may establish as my office? If so, I need to head there as soon as possible to write up a message - and then get some sleep."

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate

Adrynn's acquiescence was music to Lecuaro's ears. He was worried that the Redoran's temper would take a long time to cool off, but it seemed that Velanya had managed to talk some sense into him through the blaze. Lecuaro accosted the cousins slowly; his temper was indeed very stable, but even the most even-tempered people needed moments. Velanya's comment also reminded him of her needs of a bed and writing implements. he stood fully erect with his arms folded and his weight on the balls of his feet, and shrugged off the inevitable fatigue.

"Adrynn, that's good to hear. Also, I think you owe someone an apology." He said plainly. Might as well get used to blunt statements from me, you'll be hearing plenty of them.

Lecuaro then turned to Velanya. Try as they might, her purplish-red eyes couldn't hide how tired she was. He stared at her for a moment, taking in her weathered appearance. Gods...how these past couple days have taxed us all.

"You can use some paper and a quill from the stores in the safehouse. Actually, that's where I want you two to bunk tonight. Might as well get used to your new 'community'. Oh, and Adrynn, I'd like to speak with you privately once we're down there." He said finally.

The Breton then let out a big yawn. "And if it's okay with you two, I'd like to head there and sack out myself."

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate, Bunks

Edward watched as Cassius turned and went to sleep, before turning around and choosing a bunk a little distance away. He lay his sword at his side and, realising he had lost nearly all his possessions in the fight, sadly lamented the loss. His shirt was stuck to his flesh, and he had to rip the grimy, dirt ridden thing off. He maintained his pants for the sake of decency, though knew they would be incredibly uncomfortable to sleep in.

Whatever the case, he climbed into bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn nodded. "Very well, Commander. I know we're all tired and need some rest, so, lead the way," Adrynn said softly gesturing for Lecuaro to take the lead.

These are going to be rough days ahead.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, To The Blades Safehouse

Lecuaro started down one of the corridors. His pace slower than usual and he could feel the fatigue that his body had been fighting off for the past two days enveloping him. The torches that lit the hall blurred and he nearly tripped over his own feet. After placing a hand on one of the walls to steady himself, he rallied what little strength he had left and pressed on.

The trio wound their way through the labyrinthine hallways, passing by storerooms, training rooms, and the like. The soldiers and workers still had the expressions of the earlier merriment on their faces as they went about their tasks with a vigor rarely seen by the commander.

At last, they reached the safehouse door, which Lecuaro opened. After finding their way into the bunkroom, he sat down on one of the beds for a minute and noted Caius and Edward sleeping like rocks.

"Well, here we are. Velanya, you can write your letter in the morning." He said in a low, quiet voice. "Adrynn...if you don't mind, I'd like to talk to you somewhere private for a bit."