Can't seem to turn on/off any mods

yuedarkangel

Hay guys first time poster but I have an issue that i cant seem to find an answer for. I used to be able to apply mods no problem a couple of months back never had any problems understanding how ti install or remove them. Now after getting the dlc I tried to put in some new mods but in the data files anything I check or un-check will reset itself upon me closing the window. I've tried using Mod manager and nvse, even completely ripped the game, saves, everything off and reinstalling (which takes 7 hours to re download, thx a lot steam) and still have no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the error i get from the Mod Manager.

Friday, March 18, 2011 - 1:29:36 AM

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\plugins.txt' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)

at System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(String path, String[] contents, Encoding encoding)

at Fomm.Games.Fallout3.Fallout3PluginManager.SetActivePlugins(Set`1 p_setActivePlugins)

at Fomm.Games.PluginManager.ActivatePlugin(String p_strPath)

at Fomm.MainForm.lvEspList_ItemChecked(Object sender, ItemCheckedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnItemChecked(ItemCheckedEventArgs e)

at L0ki.Controls.ReordableItemListView.OnItemChecked(ItemCheckedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)

at L0ki.Controls.ReordableItemListView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edited by yuedarkangel

My guess is that you have a permission problem on your profile. That may happen on Win7 for some users (I don't know why).

Did you try to run the game/nvse/fomm as administrator? (rightclick on the link and use the "as admin" option)