Find companion?

Tornexus

Hi!

I lost my companion. She disappeared (like many times before) but this time she didn't come back some hours later. :P I'm not even sure if she's still in the game. Partners Ring has no effect, Warp Ring teleports me to the Imperial City but she's not there.

So... is there any way to find out WHERE she could be?

If not... how can I make her appear at the place where I let her join me before again? I was thinking of: deactivating the esp, saving, activating the esp and then maybe she's there again. Would that work? I guess she would lose all her equipment, but that's not that bad, I could buy new one.

And last question: How is it possible she disappeared? I read something about not taking them to the last main quest but she was already gone before.

Was the companion a non-essential one or an essential one. A non-essential companion that has been killed won't come to the ring. If you have an earlier save where the companion is still there you can click the companion in the console to get the refID (this will only work if you either have not added any mods since that save or you know that any added mods come after CM Partners in your load order). Once you have written down the refID load your current save and enter in the console:

prid refID (if you still have their refID displayed at the top of your screen you won't need this step)

resurrect 1

enable (see below)

moveto player

If it's been too long and the cell they died in has reset (so that their body has disappeared) you will need to enable before moveto player ... if not too long you don't need that. I try it without first and if they don't show after moveto player then I redo the sequence with enable.

If the companion is an essential one and you get their refID as above try just using the moveto player part (with their refID displayed at the top of your screen) on your current save.

Edited by Striker879

Was the companion a non-essential one or an essential one. A non-essential companion that has been killed won't come to the ring. If you have an earlier save where the companion is still there you can click the companion in the console to get the refID (this will only work if you either have not added any mods since that save or you know that any added mods come after CM Partners in your load order). Once you have written down the refID load your current save and enter in the console:

prid refID (if you still have their refID displayed at the top of your screen you won't need this step)

resurrect 1

enable (see below)

moveto player

If it's been too long and the cell they died in has reset (so that their body has disappeared) you will need to enable before moveto player ... if not too long you don't need that. I try it without first and if they don't show after moveto player then I redo the sequence with enable.

If the companion is an essential one and you get their refID as above try just using the moveto player part (with their refID displayed at the top of your screen) on your current save.

Hm, was an essential companion. Thanks for the tips. But I deactivated the companion mod so I guess its too late now. :P