Slof's Hive, is her website gone???

vilontano

Well, it's all kind of moot now, really. The main thing is she was NOT kicked out of here. Removing her files was her choice entirely. I hope the new host site will also host her commercial portfolio art also. Seeing her 'real life" projects was really interesting.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dark0ne. That's all I wanted to know. Purely my own curiosity.

It does make me sad when the best modders out there are driven away by comments from people who aren't fit to lick their boots. One of the biggest reasons I taught myself to use the CS was because I felt, personally, that if I had never spent hours struggling with a mod I had no right to criticize anyone else's work. Not that I go around leaving critical comments, but you know what I mean. Who am I to point out a flaw when I have no idea how hair-pullingly frustrating it may have been to kick the mod into even sort-of mostly-usable beta status?

Even now I try not to stick my nose into the whole commenting pot because while I do make mods I don't release them. Easy for me to say "just ignore the stupid comments, they aren't worth your tears" when I've never had my own work casually dismissed by some moron who can't figure out how to use Bash.

You'll be stiring up the pot with that. She and the other administrators here had some.... let's say disagreements, which resulted in her leaving.

I don't remember any disagreements and she left the moderation team on good terms, I thought.

Strange, because she seemed to be very annoyed at you in this topic where she declared she was "done with forums".

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/289891-something-isnt-right/

Either way, shame that her website is down. There really isn't enough people out there making content for male characters compared to female characters. Still, if need be you could always try contacting her over DeviantArt (I think she's AlienSlof there too).

Edited by SailorTaurus

You'll be stiring up the pot with that. She and the other administrators here had some.... let's say disagreements, which resulted in her leaving.

I don't remember any disagreements and she left the moderation team on good terms, I thought.

Strange, because she seemed to be very annoyed at you in this topic where she declared she was "done with forums".

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/289891-something-isnt-right/

Either way, shame that her website is down. There really isn't enough people out there making content for male characters compared to female characters. Still, if need be you could always try contacting her over DeviantArt (I think she's AlienSlof there too).

Yeah, I think that was what her blog was alluding to. Something about the treatment she had gotten, but perhaps that was cleared up between them.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

This is what is wrong with Slof's web site.

** SNIP **

It is having some technical issues and she is rebuilding it.

EDIT by LHammonds: Feel free to quote her but that is not exactly an appropriate link to share on these forums due to the graphic nature of that post.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad all is well with AlienSlof. I havent been around in awhile and was checking out some old unread pms from january and one of them was saying i was at fault which is crazy since i didnt even know AlienSlof had left.

I totally respect AlienSlof and she is one of my all time favorite Modders who has brought me great joy. If not for her i would not have enjoyed MORROWIND and OBLIVION as much. Thanks to her great GOTH SHOP mod series with its unique cowboy attire i was able to have a lot of fun playing a Caleb type character from Monolith's 1990s 3dgore shooter BLOOD with everything blending in perfectly with the Elder Scrolls universe. So just for that reason alone among many others she will always have my utmost respect.

Hail AlienSlof! THE ULTIMATE IN GOREY SENSUAL DAEDRIC CREATIVE GENIUS!!!

Im bummed cuz i was on her friends list! Now if i wanna talk to her again ill have to register at that new site :'( she was gonna help me with a mod too...