Not Letting Me In the Grove of Reflection

DarkDragonFox

I honestly have no idea how to fix this. At first I thought it was the modded gear I had, so dropping into a hollowed stump nearby I ran over and to no success, it crashed. I then dropped EVERYTHING I could into the stump, again crashed. I then proceed to lower the character stats (this is a cheated automatic 50 character with insane health, magicka, and fatigue, along with everything attribute and skill being over 200), so I lowered everything down to max through leveling (100 for attributes and skill, lowered health, magicka, and fatigue to slightly each over a 1000), and dropped everything, still no success as the game crashed. I am now stumped, I don't know what else I could possibly do to enter the room, thinking it might have been an install error or a disk error. Yes, I installed the unofficial patch for the Shivering Isles, and still nothing. Any help would be most appreciated.

UPDATE: I have found that it is because I was playing as a modded race. I tried teleporting another original race character into the room and it worked just fine. So if anyone could possibly know how to get around this other then the use of command promt codes (this is the first time playing Shivering Isles and I would like to experience the battle), I would gladly appreciated the advice. In the mean time, I will scan around and see if there is a mod already made to pass this conflict.

Edited by DarkDragonFox

Try installing either or both of these:

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch

Grove Of Reflection Fix

I installed the unofficial patch and it didn't help, neither did the fix. I assume the game can't process the modded race, as I said in the update, I warped an original race character into the room and it worked just fine. It would make sense that that particular part isn't programmed to read modded races, but there has to be a way around it.

The only clean way around it would be to create a mod similar to the Custom Race Fix for allowing Valen Dreth to recognise custom races at the start of a game.

The only clean way around it would be to create a mod similar to the Custom Race Fix for allowing Valen Dreth to recognise custom races at the start of a game.

Ahh, I see. Well, unfortunately I am not a modder so something like that would be out of my hands, I just figured maybe someone else had a similar problem and had done something to fix it. Oh well, could always use the command prompt and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an update, it has something to do with that character file, not that fact his gear or race is modded. I was able to warp several characters into the room, and my only guess at this point is either a.) It has something to do with the fact that I didn't get the Amulet of Kings (Though I don't know how this would affect the DLC) or b.) He is far too powerful for the game to process thus he is incapable of entering the room. I have tried draining his stats, all to about their max (In realistic terms). The only things that exceeded even slightly were his health, magicka, and fatigue, however a similar character was able to go in with no problem, her stats far exceeding the norm. So, the save file is probably corroded or something glitched out, I really can't pinpoint the exact thing that is causing this.

Legitimately glitching or corrupting a save file is actually a pretty difficult thing to do by virtue of mods alone, so chances are that's not the issue. Having the Amulet of Kings doesn't affect SI gameplay in any way, and stat levels shouldn't as well. The duplication done by the grove shouldn't have any problems with powerful characters.

I had the same problem you did with the grove, and I didn't have the amulet or an insane character. I do, however, have 130 mods running, one of which must have caused a conflict which screwed with the quest. The other mods you have running will inevitably cause conflicts with something in the game. Posting your load order might help to see if any might affect scripts or the SI worldspace.

Using the "setstage" command is a last resort if nothing else can solve the problem, but looking for mod conflicts might help solve some problems. Looking at your load order for overlaps and conflicts can help you find potential causes for game issues.

Legitimately glitching or corrupting a save file is actually a pretty difficult thing to do by virtue of mods alone, so chances are that's not the issue. Having the Amulet of Kings doesn't affect SI gameplay in any way, and stat levels shouldn't as well. The duplication done by the grove shouldn't have any problems with powerful characters.

I had the same problem you did with the grove, and I didn't have the amulet or an insane character. I do, however, have 130 mods running, one of which must have caused a conflict which screwed with the quest. The other mods you have running will inevitably cause conflicts with something in the game. Posting your load order might help to see if any might affect scripts or the SI worldspace.

Using the "setstage" command is a last resort if nothing else can solve the problem, but looking for mod conflicts might help solve some problems. Looking at your load order for overlaps and conflicts can help you find potential causes for game issues.

The main drive where I had Oblivion installed the first time was recently wiped, and upon reinstalling, I was actually very mild about what I installed, thus previously there could have been a mod I had that is missing that could be causing it, but I don't believe that since every other character I have tried thus far goes into the room just fine. Here is the load order:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/RageZannDarkfox/LoadOrder.png

According to something called "Conflict Detector" which I was unaware I had with Oblivion Mod Manager.

The main drive where I had Oblivion installed the first time was recently wiped, and upon reinstalling, I was actually very mild about what I installed, thus previously there could have been a mod I had that is missing that could be causing it, but I don't believe that since every other character I have tried thus far goes into the room just fine.

Official Oblivion mods like SI don't require any files other than the Oblivion esm and their respective BSA files, so mods that you don't have don't affect anything.

The major thing that I notice is that your load order is all screwed up. For example, you're loading the Unofficial Shivering Isles patch before you load Shivering Isles itself, which means that the SI patch is trying to patch something that doesn't exist yet. Load orders work top-down; the last thing in your load order gets loaded into the game last, overwriting any conflicts before it. This means that loading the SI main file after its patch (as you have) will have the main SI file overwrite all the changes the patch made, because it comes later, meaning that the fixes haven't been applied. In a load order, patches should generally come immediately after the specific mod they're patching. Changing this alone might fix your problem,but there's a host of other load order problems in the list as well.

BOSS, or Better Oblivion Sorting Software, is an automated program that will fix your load order for you in the most compatible way. I would definitely download this and run it, and then see if that solves your issue. Load order problems are the cause of probably 90% of issues (in my opinion), and that makes this program invaluable. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

The main drive where I had Oblivion installed the first time was recently wiped, and upon reinstalling, I was actually very mild about what I installed, thus previously there could have been a mod I had that is missing that could be causing it, but I don't believe that since every other character I have tried thus far goes into the room just fine.

Official Oblivion mods like SI don't require any files other than the Oblivion esm and their respective BSA files, so mods that you don't have don't affect anything.

The major thing that I notice is that your load order is all screwed up. For example, you're loading the Unofficial Shivering Isles patch before you load Shivering Isles itself, which means that the SI patch is trying to patch something that doesn't exist yet. Load orders work top-down; the last thing in your load order gets loaded into the game last, overwriting any conflicts before it. This means that loading the SI main file after its patch (as you have) will have the main SI file overwrite all the changes the patch made, because it comes later, meaning that the fixes haven't been applied. In a load order, patches should generally come immediately after the specific mod they're patching. Changing this alone might fix your problem,but there's a host of other load order problems in the list as well.

BOSS, or Better Oblivion Sorting Software, is an automated program that will fix your load order for you in the most compatible way. I would definitely download this and run it, and then see if that solves your issue. Load order problems are the cause of probably 90% of issues (in my opinion), and that makes this program invaluable. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

It sorted most, but a list on the log of those it couldn't sort it said I had to do manually or with another software for sorting:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/RageZannDarkfox/UnknownMods.png

I did attempt again to go into the Grove of Reflection with the character and again, started to load and crashed. Is there another software I can use to sort the ones BOSS couldn't?