Secure Connection Failed

Grimples

Why do i get the below statement when trying to login using Firefox21.

Secure Connection Failed        An error occurred during a connection to forums.nexusmods.com.Peer reports it experienced an internal error.(Error code: ssl_error_internal_error_alert)  The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.  Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.
(edit)

wtf, what a mess, what you lot doing to the website? i have never had these probs anywhere else even with my high security/privacy settings.

Edited by Grimples

Hello, we upgraded our SSL certificates and unfortunately that means some older browsers who don't support the latest secure transactions by default are denied connection. Can you please try this workaround:

Type in

about:config

in the address bar and move past the warning.
Type in

security.tls.version.max

and replace the 1 with 3 to enable TLS 1.2.
and see if it works?

'security.tls.version.max' is not in Firefox21, i added it but it made no difference. Not a real problem, am working my way up the chain of Firefux versions, it's just strange, i dont understand why everyone feels the needs to change things, especially the Firefux Divs, fubar!

TY for trying.

Unfortunately it wasn't really our choice: it's a requirement for PCI compliance and that's a mandatory change we had to implement on tuesday in order to be able to continue accepting money through our payment gateway.

Perhaps you can try Pale moon, that is what I am using it is a lot like firefox only using a more optimized code and it works.

'security.tls.version.max' is not in Firefox21, i added it but it made no difference. Not a real problem, am working my way up the chain of Firefux versions, it's just strange, i dont understand why everyone feels the needs to change things, especially the Firefux Divs, fubar! TY for trying.

Has to change because the older versions are too insecure. Simple as that. :armscrossed:

I'm using the current version of FF (v40.0.2) with no problems. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This is happening again with Firefox 62.0 and the "security.tls.version.max" setting is 4 (four), so something else is up with the Managed Downloads. Manual downloads works fine but the Managed Downloads is a whole lot more convenient.

Hi there,

Not sure if you noticed but you've posted on a thread that's been dormant since 2015. Please avoid doing this if you can. A new thread would have been better.

In regards to the TLS error some users are seeing, all cases we've seen are related to an anti-virus program overreaching and blocking the download servers. fSecure was the common theme today.

Please try disabling anything in your AV that alters your browsing experience.