Extended play after Final Onslaught?

psychophat

I am inquiring the possibility of creating a quest after "The Final Onslaught", is it possible to add an entry after the last cinematic?

If so would you kindly shed some light on what path to take for this MOD undertaking?

I was looking on into the concept of staying within the boundaries of DAO per se and extending gameplay after the final cinematic. Switching to Awakening is not the option I am looking for because that would be starting a new and not extending play.

Actually, by definition Awakening is almost a directly extended gameplay, just outside of Ferelden. But you'd probably be looking at modding the guard NPC whom will, instead of sending you out to finish the game, will bring up the map screen and allow you to continue wandering and doing whatever.

Not a huge task but, to be honest probably not even close to being worth putting the time and effort into making a mod with enough extra quests that it even warrants being considered end-game content.

That already cross my mind but still is not quite the extended play I have in mind.

See it like this you finish DAO after the cinematic instead of credits it goes back to the map or the final area on exit you will gain one quest which is to go to the next map which you'll have a new task or importing Awakening to DAO but without the core scripting just areas with new quests. Basically editing the final scene of DAO then from there branching to merge DLC's, expansions and new locations to continue playing and have the ability to go back to previous areas.

What do you think is it possible?

So. You want the ending of DAO to continue into Awakening itself, without sending you back to the screen?

So once you leave the celebration, you want the map screen to come up with a map icon which is something like "Go to [this place]" and then it in turn brrings you to the start of Awakening on your character, imported and all?

So just avoiding the whole menu screen. Hmm. Not to sure. Seems possible. Might be a bit tricky, trying to figure out a way for an auto-import and character selection bypass. My guess is it won't be done since it would probably be a lot of work just to skip something for a tiny bit extra immersion.

If you load the final autosave (the default name is: "Post Coronation") you can then go to any of the locations for any of the "in-game" DLC you have not yet completed, (TSP, RtO, and WK.) And the "Soldiers Peak" location from WK remains accessible even after finishing the quest line, since there are NPCs located there with whom you can continue to interact.

I also presume that a Community-developed module that was initiated to be listed as an "Additional Campaign" (see: "Baldur's Gate 2 - Redux") would still be accessible.

Have fun!

Just one more piece, can it be scripted to load that entry automatically after completion of the cinematics or like insert it an entry after to create a spawn point in a custom map so that you can exit again? Thanks I'll look into BG2 - Redux if their path would be like this as well.