28 Days and a Bit 2 Problem

NeonPeanut

i already told you, OBSE doesn't work for me

It says that it requires OBSE. You can't use OBSE. That means you can't use this mod. There's just no two ways about it. The only thing you can do would be to contact the mod author and try to get him to make a version that doesn't require OBSE. But that would take a lot of work, if it's even possible.

Edited by fg109

i already told you, OBSE doesn't work for me

So what you are saying is one of two things:

1) I am using the Steam or DVD version of Oblivion but I am unwilling to try to get OBSE working by following the advice offered.

2) I am using the D2D or Impulse version of Oblivion but want someone to have the fabric of the universe twisted in my favour by having the laws of gravity repealed. Sorry ... you fall down, you get skinned knees. Yes it sucks ... same for the rest of us (I have the scabby scars to prove it). Get used to it.

I have OBSE on my computer, but every time i click, an error pops up on the screen, i have tried most of the OBSE versions, they all do the same thing, i want this mod, but OBMM is messing it up

EDIT

I need to patch the game to 1.2.0.416, but when i try to patch it, all it says is i'm missing something called Old File, i click OK, but it keeps downloading, when it's finished, it says, Oblivion has successfully updated, but i still have the old version, can someone tell me what to do about that?

Edited by Shadowdemon81

Looking at the other thread I see you must have the DVD version. Is it the Game of the Year version? The GotY version patches up to 1.2.0416 when you install it. Other DVD versions need the correct patch, so make sure you're using the patch intended for your version. You can get your current version number by looking at the bottom left of the game menu screen (if you can load the game to that point) or by right clicking Oblivion.exe in Windows Explorer and selecting Properties (it will be shown on the Version tab).

Yes, i have GOTY, and it didn't upgrade automatically, i CAN get this to work, if the freaking update will work

no, it didn't upgrade automatically, i installed it, installed Knights of the Nine/Shivering Isles, and it's still the older version, the way it looks in the xbox version, you know how on the item menu (F1, F2, F3, F4) it's supposed to look red when you update it? well it's still the normal, the paper looking version

Edited by Shadowdemon81

I have OBSE on my computer, but every time i click, an error pops up on the screen, i have tried most of the OBSE versions, they all do the same thing, i want this mod, but OBMM is messing it up

EDIT

I need to patch the game to 1.2.0.416, but when i try to patch it, all it says is i'm missing something called Old File, i click OK, but it keeps downloading, when it's finished, it says, Oblivion has successfully updated, but i still have the old version, can someone tell me what to do about that?

Are you certain you do not have the latest patch installed? Because I have the latest patch installed; my game is version 1.2.0416. Just now, even though I already have it up to date, I tried to install the patch again. Then it says:

Patch Error

Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

What version do you have anyway? What does it say when you right-click oblivion.exe, select properties, and go to the version tab?

Edited by fg109

No my basically vanilla (no interface mods) Oblivion still has the same look as it did before updating to version 1.2.0416 (I have the old DVD version that came bundled with Bioshock). When I installed the GotY version on my daughter's machine it was version 1.2.0416 right off the initial install. Look down in the lower left corner when you start or load a game and you should see the version number, or follow the right click on Oblivion.exe instructions ... either will show your current version number. If you are already at version 1.2.0416 then follow the steps I outlined previously for getting OBSE installed. The most important and easily overlooked part is updating your shortcut to use obse_loader.exe instead of Oblivion.exe ... OBSE won't work without that step and any mod requiring OBSE will appear to not work.

Edit: Looking over the thread I see no one has asked what directory your Oblivion is installed in. If you are running either Windows 7 or Vista the Microsoft security feature UAC will give you problems if Oblivion is installed in the default location. If Oblivion is in either C:\Program Files\... or C:\Program Files (x86)\... you would be best off to unistall and then re-install in C:\Games\Oblivion (or the directory of your choice OUTSIDE Program Files). One of the moderators here bben46 has posted this unistall/re-install guide to help get the job done completely and correctly.

Edited by Striker879

@striker, what? that makes no sense, it's not updated, and OBSE won't work, i can't update it either because f the stupid "Old File" crap

fg109 i don't know, but OBSE says i need the 1.2.0.416 version of Oblivion, so that obviously means it's not that version if OBSE tells me i need t update

I click on the latest update on theelderscrolls.com, i go to support, and it has patches for Morrowind, Bloodmoon, Tribunal, Oblivion, and Shivering Isles, i click oblivion, i click on the latest patch 1.2.0.416, and it does the missing Old File thing,

http://www.youtube.com/user/Teamudf#p/c/29259439CE2FAA5D/0/xn8fVQ7KbB0

go straight to 0:52, and you'll see how his is red, mine isn't red, it's the normal, like in the xbox version

Edited by Shadowdemon81