28 Days and a Bit 2 Problem

NeonPeanut

If you installed in the default location it will be in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion. The file may not show the .exe extension but will be named Obilvion and will have an icon beside it like the shortcut on your desktop. The version is shown on the version tab of the right click properties menu. Edited by Striker879

ok, so i have to download OBSE again? what one should i get?

EDIT: it says

crc = 3F6987B1

You are using the 1.1.0.425 beta patch of Oblivion, please upgrade to 1.2.0.416.

checksum not found

i'm on version 1.2.0.416, why is it being a pain in the leg?

Edited by Shadowdemon81

I recommend version 0019b (which I linked in that post that fg109 referenced) as that is the latest stable version. Before you do that look in your Oblivion folder and see if you have obse_1_2_416 and obse_editor_1_2 listed (same spot you found the Oblivion file). If they're not there along with obse_loader then all you need to do is copy them there from your previous download (if it was version 0019).

Edit: What version of OBSE are you using for that?

Edited by Striker879

um.... that makes no sense, i have 4 icons of OBSE, and they're all next to each other, in the order you said with those two in front, and then i have OBSE_loader, then something that says the same thing, just a notepad document, which said the

crc = 3F6987B1

You are using the 1.1.0.425 beta patch of Oblivion, please upgrade to 1.2.0.416.

checksum not found

thing, and i AM on freaking version 1.2.0.416, OBSE is being a pain for me, sorry if whoever made it is listening to this, but it's just being a piece of crap, i wish this would just work with OBMM

Here's a quote from the obse_readme.txt:

obse_loader.log tells me it couldn't find a checksum:

- You may have a version of Oblivion that isn't supported. I have the english official patch v1.2.0.416. Localized versions with different executables or different patches may not work, but many have been successful. If there's enough legitimate demand for it, I can add support for other versions in the future.

- Your Oblivion install may be corrupt. Hacks or no-cd patches may also change the checksum of the game, making it impossible to detect the installed version.

The text file obse_loader is actually obse_loader.log (the log file it updates each time you run obse_loader.exe). If nothing it says in the quote above makes any sense (i.e. hacks and no-cd patches may change the checksum of the game) then I would tend to think you may have the "Your Oblivion install may be corrupt" problem. Does Oblivion start and run OK when you try to start it from either your desktop shortcut (providing you haven't made those OBSE related edits to it) or from your Start menu?