Making statues

BlackBaron2

How do I make a statue in Blender using body meshes (upper, lower, hand, foot, eyes, hair etc.) ? I don't actually know how to import a KF file either, every time I try, it doesn't want to work. I want to make some statues for a shop mod that my friend and I are making together.

Hi!

You can import the armor or clothing or just the body and make a statue out of it. importing all the other parts but delete the armature as you import them.

Join the hands and body and head and you can snap the vertices together between them and remove doubles to make it just one single mesh.

The hair and eyes and mouth parts are not going to be skinned tho so you will want to use bone weight copy to get those to move around with the skeleton.

I dont know about the vertex coloring on the hair. Never messed with vertex coloring. I think you can set that in blender tho.

I belive that skinned nifs cannot be used with vertex coloring ingame for some reason. So if you want to make a mannequin that will deform items placed on it i think you have to color the hair texture on the diffuse map.

I dont know about the mannequin mods tho, never used one and dont know how they made them.

Just a statue with hair should be easier to do tho. but then you cant change the clothing afterward.

After the eyes and teeth and stuff is skinned then you can import the skeleton.nif and pose it.

I never had any trouble importing animations attached to skeleton.nif tho. Maybe you should try again cause that part of import scripts may have been improved.

Then after it is posed the way you want just apply the armature deformation to the parts and it will make the mesh stay and then you can delete the skeleton, add a colision mesh and export as a static mesh.

Edit: Ok well anyway i think that there may be some complication you could run into and so please start working on it and then if there is a difficulty post back and then we can help with the specific issue. Btw, i just made a test export of this and it looks just fine, a white haired character (didnt mess with the vertex colors) in a globular collision mesh stuck in a pose. I can roll it around ingame. lol.

Edited by baduk

Eh...rather than making an actual static object, why not just add it to a custom NPC and disable the AI on him to cause him to freeze. I think mannequins do this which allows the custom posing options.

Yes, the mannequins do it, but I want these to be posed, purely stone or wood statues that I don't have to script :)

Import all the stuff you want. Remove the armature.

Pose it how you want. You will probably want to import a static item also so you can use the collision box. Resize it to fit around your statue.

Select all meshes, export. Untick shadow map, tick use bsfadenode root.

You should end up with a static item that you can place in geck... you didn't say what game, if it's for oblivion export might be a little different. You will have to look at a vanilla static object to see if what I just said applies to oblivion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

i have created a statue using baduk's advice above. before exporting, he says to "add a collision mesh". i can't find a tutorial on how to do this. any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...