Doom Fanatic

Herculine

Yeah, i have doom64 absolution version. Doom64's best moster looks are Pinkies and Lost souls. Also Cyberdemon is good.

Confusing level design and disturbing music are little downs on that game. Music is fine for first few hours, but if you listen those weird noises longer, it becomes really annoying.

Yeah, i have doom64 absolution version. Doom64's best moster looks are Pinkies and Lost souls. Also Cyberdemon is good.

Confusing level design and disturbing music are little downs on that game. Music is fine for first few hours, but if you listen those weird noises longer, it becomes really annoying.

My favorite Doom music will always be the Playstation Doom soundtrack by Aubrey Hodges. A lot of it is weird noises too, but they're arranged in a way that's less mechanical and more musical than the D64 attempt, and gives the levels a creepy feeling that's more fitting with the game's overall theme.

• 1 month later...

By any chance have you ever played Action DooM 2: Urban Brawl? I do not know if you focus only on the original games, but this is definitely worth a try. The graphics look just like a graphic novel, and it plays pretty well :biggrin:.

http://action.mancubus.net/

Thanks for the info.

I try to stay away from TCs though. I prefer Doom to look like Doom.

I am however working on a mod that adds many things to the game, but I've taken care to be sure the new elements stay within the original atmosphere of the game.

Been a Doom Fan for most of my Life, I've just about gone through every console since the game came out, starting from the SNES port finally making it to the PC.

I use Zdoom quite often. One of my favorite wads out there currently is Knee Deep in Zdoom, I'm looking forward to those guys coming out with possibly the next episode.

Edit: I've actually used some of the music files from the PSX/Doom64 games for dungeons in Oblivion. The Doom64 level Dark Citadel's track works really well especially for undead/vampire dungeons, etc.

Edited by DoubleH

• 4 weeks later...

Zenimax/Bethesda owns id Software and the Doom franchise now?

I'd post this on the blog if I could figure out how to make the post consist of something more than a link to this blurb or this article and a quote of me saying: "Er?"

i think theye do because "brink"s Publisher is Bethesda Softworks and in the limited edit you get "doom" bonis content

the devloper is Splash Damage

mightyape

"Description

Doom 4 is the upcoming multi-platform installment of the Doom series by id Software. The game is neither a sequel to Doom 3 nor a reboot of the franchise. It will use the company's new OpenGL powered id Tech 5 engine and was announced as in production on May 7, 2008, following speculation by John Carmack at QuakeCon on August 3, 2007"

Edited by gormonk