Glowing Armor?

aeariss

Hello, im new to the forum, i have done a quick search and it returned no results.

Is there a mod that has a glowing armor system?

for example, if you enchant a piece of armor with fire resist, then it will glow red. Or fortify agility and it will glow yellow?

what i want is a glow that is similar to the glow effects you see on some MMORPG games like Shaiya and Perfect World.

You can accomplish this through complex scripting and numerous files for each piece of armor you wish to use. That is the only feasible way that comes to mind. You will need to copy the armor pieces you wish to make custom glow with. Make a new copy of each piece for each color that you wish it to glow as. Now open the first piece (we'll call it red) NifSkope and click on the region you wish to alter (from the render window). You can also expand the 0 NiNode branch, then find the NiTriStrips instance you wish to modify. Now r click on the place where it says NiMaterialProperty. It should bring you to a window that will allow you to change "specular color." Find the little dot within the triangle. Drag it over to the black corner. Now drag it up to the red corner (I had you reset the values by dragging it to the black corner, skip if you don't need to reset). You can also create a glow map for it by simply making a red square 256x256 (or whatever size your mesh is). Any places in this that are red (or other colors) will glow red. Any places in this that are black will not glow at all. You can vary the black/red balance to get the proper glow effect. The glow map only affects the glow or gloss, not the underlying colors.

As you can see, this is already quite the process just to create one piece, let alone say 6 pieces times 7 colors! This will not be the end of the process either. You will need somebody that is not only familiar with scripting, but will require massive OBSE work as well. You will need to find somebody better than I am to make that part of it work, and I have scripted for over a year now.

I'm not trying to discourage you, simply providing a usable outline to get this project done yourself. I have tackled a project that is almost too large to finish on my own, so I know what it is like to be overwhelmed. Take small steps to learn all the things that I mentioned and someday you might be able to make this yourself.

At the very least, take the rudimentary instructions on making items glow, look up tutorials on what you don't already know, there are plenty out there.

I would offer more help, but I am already buried in my current project.

theuseless

In the vanilla game enchanted weapons and armor already have a slight glowing effect on your character and NPCs. I use No persistant enchantment glow fix to remove the effect. The effect in vanilla is probably too subtle for what you are after, but perhaps there's a way to enhance what is already there.