oblivion isolated lag

Lutine

That looks good, but my main desktop rig is only running Windows 7 HP 32-bit, as various programs that I use often are not compatible with 64-bit. Is there something similar that will address this issue for 32-bit, like a 3GB patch?

That looks good, but my main desktop rig is only running Windows 7 HP 32-bit, as various programs that I use often are not compatible with 64-bit. Is there something similar that will address this issue for 32-bit, like a 3GB patch?

Sorry, but it doesnt look like it. Theres a thread on Oblivion and memory usage that can explain this better than me.

Unfortunately, Oblivion was designed to use a maximum of 2G memory. However on a 32 bit system, having the 3G will free up some ram for use by the game by allowing non game processes to run in the extra memory.

A mod list may help us to diagnose your lag

How to post a Load order list article

http://www.tesnexus....icle.php?id=295

It helps if you put the load order in spoiler tags if it is more than a dozen or so mods - to get the spoiler tag, click on 'other styles' above in the upper left of your post, select 'spoiler tags' from the drop down list

Oblivion.esm

BurningItemsMasterF.esm

CyrodiilUpgradeResourcePack.esm

CURP_Controller.esm

MD_Saddle_Master.esm

Cobl Main.esm

CM Partners.esm

Lattamerv3.esm

All Natural Base.esm

ChaseCameraMod.esp

RealisticForceMedium.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Katanas.esp

CM_Better Wine.esp

MIS.esp

MIS New Sounds Optional Part.esp

GP_Moretta.esp

GoldCoinBagger.esp

CapesandCloaks.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

Lynges Unlimited Death Reload Time.esp

Younger Hotter NPC's v1.0.esp

SexyWitchPoses.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

Get Wet v0.92.esp

UFF Blood Ice.esp

Streamline 3.1.esp

Lera's ValantineOutfit.esp

Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp

Bedrollsanyone.esp

pale_rider's Pirate Reloaded.esp

HotkeyCasting.esp

Growlfs Animated Hair.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp

Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full_anime_voice.esp

Argent Iron Armor.esp

Throwable kunai.esp

tkRapiers.esp

LattamerV3_P-rrtyCure_Hair_Module.esp

Cliff's Smokey Chimneys.esp

R18PN - Lingeries.esp

R18PN - Mizugi set.esp

maidarmorRetexKABOPAN.esp

FarmAnimalsofCyrodiil.esp

MerchantTeleportRing.esp

Corthian Akavir Clothing.esp

Caliburn.esp

IDKRRR_KFME4rev.esp

!BurningItems 0.4.esp

R18PN - Dancer's Dress.esp

FSN Equipments.esp

Better Rosethorn Hall.esp

CTAddPose_OTpair2.esp

Fall Hair Wig Shop - EV.esp

Tona's_ModsStore.esp

Specialanims.esp

Harvest[Containers].esp

Harvest[Containers] - Player Home Add-on.esp

Harvest[Containers] - Havok Crates Add-on.esp

Harvest[Containers] - Flat-Top Barrels Add-on.esp

HentaiSeraphimArmour.esp

KvatchAftermath.esp

Update My Statue.esp

BattlehornCastleEnhanced.esp

Sunlit Interiors 1.31.esp

Scarves!.esp

MD Saddlebags v3.0.esp

Elwing.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Cobl Si.esp

Cobl Tweaks.esp

MountainShackR121.esp

Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp

Cobl Silent Equip Misc.esp

CM Partners.esp

CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

CM Partners NPC.esp

A CM Partner - Sah.esp

CM Never.esp

DAJackSparrow.esp

AFK_Weye.esp

Voice edit.esp

EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

HentaiMania2.esp

Oblivion Graphics Extender Support.esp

LetThePeopleDrink.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Cobl.esp

zzEstrus.esp

ThArmor.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

No_Smiling.esp

GoldenCrest.esp

GoldenCrestBattlehornComp.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp

All Natural.esp

All Natural - Real Lights.esp

All Natural - SI.esp

Immersive Interiors - Lights Addon.esp

Immersive Interiors.esp

Touhou_wings.esp

cmYori.esp

DesuChan's Store.esp

Hentai Compilation.esp

I don't see how it would cause problems in the areas you mentioned, but GoldCoinBagger.esp brought my system to its knees when I tried it. But only in those cells where I placed things like piles of gold coins. 2 piles dropped my FPS to around 1 fps and made it unplayable. :pinch: It was like watching a slide show where objects jumped from one location to another in each slide.

mods that add lighting or flame sources will cause slow downs in cells where they are used.

cells with lots of NPCs will slow you down

Not sure about graphics extender, but I believe it can cause lag on systems with weak video or low ram.

Streamline should be trying to regain some of the lost fps, by trading some graphics for the fps - depending on your settings. Streamline was intended to make marginal computers able to play the game, not make fairly good ones play better. Don't try to force a constant 30 fps or it will not work well. Set your max for 25 and your min for 15 - experiment for best results. But remember for every 1 fps you gain, you lose quite a bit of graphics detail - especially in the various view distances.

Another suggestion I have seen recently is to set your game resolution to the monitor's native resolution - you may get better graphics without sacrificing fps. One report claimed a dramatic increase in fps.

Let us know what works and what doesn't.

There is way too much that could be causing your lag, so I will just throw some ideas at you. Notice the words in caps are searchable and most are found on tesnexus, or googled for more in depth instruction.

Anvil dock is pretty laggy no matter how you do it. If you have reflections on your water turned on, check Oblivion.INI for [water] uSurfaceFrameCount and uSurfaceFPS edit to half the number. You could turn HiRes water to low, doesn't look that bad...Using OBMM's BSA browser and creator, you can extract your "Oblivion - Meshes.bsa" and create a new without compression. Doing the same with sounds.bsa will be helpful too. You can move the meshes bsa to another hard drive, making sure to edit the archive list in Oblivion.INI to reflect your changes. You could also edit your shadow map resolution in Oblivion.INI to a lower, power of 2, number (from 1024 to 512 or your vertical pixel measurement). Could be the polygons or vertices in the ships...get PYFFI from tesnexus and use with care and backups. Getting all the UNOFFICIAL and SUPPLEMENTALS from tesnexus as well, most glitches and lag producing anomalies are fixed if you get all. If you experience more lag after installing new mods, try out BOSS, OBMM, Wrye Bash and TES4Edit and TES4Gecko.

If you have one of those new fandangled gazillion core streaming this that...get 7zip and unzip the largest archive you can, check the speed. I get a modest 2000-4000 MB, depending on the compression. On my low-comp BSAs add 1500 MB to my machines unzipping speed. Your lag could simply be that your CPU can't decompress at high bandwidth, and hard discs are slow. The largest increase in performance, after a stable install, was for me to create BSAs at no or low compression. Defragging is a must when using a combination of small and large files. All the mods that have no BSA get thrown willy-nilly into any available space the head is near. The BSAs get thrown in as one large file, making defraggers like MYDEFRAG and others very lucrative, as they will put all those big archives as close to the edge of the hdd as possible. This makes them easily retrievable during game time.

You could also try out OSR, which has been under high development recently and does wonders. If you use OSR with STREAMLINE 3.1, the Purge and Save features are the only ones you might need. The other features also tend to make changes to your Oblivion.INI, and some ppl with more interest in how many shaders they can throw at their giant carbon print find it slightly annoying that the quality of their screenshots aren't up to par.

Good luck, there is a lot of research into getting mods to work well together if they aren't all written by the same person. Happy gaming.

Edited by liquidcoold