Oblivion basically is "BROKEN"

mutinydevan

K...downloaded oblivion of steam the deluxe edition with all DLC...downloaded OBMM and OBSE with wrye bash tes4edit and construction set....I am having so many damn problems that its f***ing unbelievable.. im running it on a laptop with win 7 home prem 64 bit , 2.1ghz phenom II x4 , ATI 5650 Madison GPU. So for starters...whenever i open OBSE and Hit launch oblivion i get a message saying please check the directory path in options screen and make sure you have OBSE installed...check options screen ..its correct...i have no way to make the thing run otherwise....now when i try to just run oblivion by itself i get a supper laggy main menu that is almost impossible to get into the game.. then once i get into the game i arrive at a blank screen and haveto control alt delete my way out of it. what the f*** is happening here tes4edit says none of the mods are colliding and even w/o the mods i get the same results....and yes that community box is check in my steam settings.

Okay so i restarted steam and it had an update now everythings working right except for OBSE still and qarls texture pack. A lot of the mods are working , natural enviroments etc.. but i still have the problem with obse not working

so i tried reinstalling OBSE and i still get this when i try and launch it..."Please check the oblivion directory path in the options is correct and you have obse installed" SOMEONE PLLLLEEEAAAASEEEE HELP ME ive been at it for hours. Okay so basically everything but any of qarls texture packs work for me .. tried em all.. what would cause this?

Edited by mutinydevan

Number one thing to check ... is Steam and Oblivion located in the Program Files or Prgram Files (x86) directory? If it is you will need to move it out of there and out of the clutches of the Microsoft security feature UAC.