Extracting .daimod files

Zhoken

Heya all,

I'm trying to figure out how to extract .daimod files and can't for the life of me. I've got DAI TOOLS but I'm at a loss as to how to extract an already created daimod.

I'd appreciate if someone could enlighten me. I'd like to have a look at how some of the mods I use were made.

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Just to clarify, I'd like to mess around with some of the mods I use for my own personal game. I have no intention of plagiarizing any modder's works. I know just how much time and effort goes into creating mods ;)

-Z.

Edited by Zhoken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've learned a lot this way, myself.

You don't extract the daimod itself, but you can look at the changes and extract those changed components the same as you would any other of the game assets with the tools.

Open up the tools and import the daimod of your choice. File > Import.

To look at the changed files, go to Tools > Bundle Preview. In the dropdown list, select 'Show only Modified.' Also tick the box on the right for 'Show only Modified.'

On the left, select the bundle you want to look at, and then you can see which files are changed by that particular mod on the right, such as textures etc. You can then compare with the default version of the files.

Also, don't forget to look at the DAITools forum for tutorials.

Yeah, that's the technique I discovered as well. I contacted Daimodder or the "Word of Mod" and they said, "It is possible. You can ‘Open’ any daimod file, and then you just need to go to the file that was changed and export the texture/EBX/whatever. It’s quite simple, actually." Unfortunately, either I'm incompetent or it doesn't seem to be working right now. I get a crash and error message...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is a really old topic, but can someone point me towards a tutorial for this because everything just says 'well go ahead and export' except no matter what version of mod maker I'm using I can only export ebx and .bin, and nothing I've seen says anything about bin files. I just want to update some some abandoned mods (for personal use) to frosty.