oblivion dies after mod install (omod) - uninstall dosn't help

dermoritz

i had a good running obliovion with many mods installed. last i installed human race revamped and toma -character. but now oblivion don't start. uninstalling this mods don't help. uninstalling other mods helps neither. is ther a way to "debug" oblivion - get the cause of the crash? or is the only way to reinstall it?

i believe all obmm does is remove the esp or esm of the mod go into your oblivion data directory and try removing the textures/meshes/sound that where added by the mods.

if an uninstall doesn't work then try removing your bethesda softworks folder from your registry. im using windows vista so from my desktop i hit the start menu type in regedit click hkey local machine click software and delete the bethesda softworks folder you may also have pieces

scattered around so be sure to check c:/users/(what your computer is)/appsdata/Local.

hope this helps!

Edited by thejudge90

Did you rebuild your Bashed Patch after installing and removing the mod. It may be obvious, but sometimes it can get forgotten and if it refers to a missing esp that'll cause crashes galore.